today was the day i fell in love with charles bukowski (2 Viewers)

i mean his writing of course :)
i came across a quote of him and it was as if i found a piece of myself
and if it wasn't for my thesis i would be doing nothing but reading everything of him
i'll come back here for sure when my paper is finished

nice to meet you anyway
do you know maybe how can i change my username?

i'd like it to be 'disapprovingrabbit'

it can't be rabbit related - bukowski was extremely rabbit-phobic.

ever since the pack of feral rabbits attacked him as a child.

anyone familiar with him should know that.

shame on you.

Black Swan this was the fragment from women (in my mother tongue) that struck me and made me check the whole thing out:
(...) there was something about me that was not wholesome in the sense of wholesome is as wholesome does. I was drawn to all the wrong things: I liked to drink, I was lazy, I didn't have a god, politics, ideas, ideals. I was settled into nothingness; a kind of non-being, and I accepted it. It didn't make for an interesting person. I didn't want to be interesting, it was too hard. What I really wanted was only a soft, hazy space to live in, and to be left alone. On the other hand, when I got drunk I screamed, went crazy, got all out of hand. One kind of behavior didn't fit the other. I didn't care
however i accidentally found the best love poem i can write at the moment earlier and it aroused my interest but then it escaped from my head maybe because i basically don't like poetry or it sounded not so good in my mt:p
it can't be rabbit related - bukowski was extremely rabbit-phobic.

ever since the pack of feral rabbits attacked him as a child.
oh sorry to hear that cause i'm SO rabbit related myself! i didn't know there's such a thing as leporiphobia and how even can rabbits attack?! wow
although i'm rather not the fangirl type it's interesting and good to know thanks
i wanted to change my nickname anyway so for satisfaction of all of us i can agree to change it to 'ditzy':DD

Last edited by a moderator:
yes please if it's not a big problem and you would be so kind
let bukowski rest in peace and put en end to this faux pas ;)
ditzy sounds almost like tipsy and i can't think about anything appropriate and non-rabbit related right now
Keep reading, there is much more to enjoy.
and yes i hope it keeps me busy for some time
i've started reading ham on rye (not sure it's a good starter)
but it could possibly harm my thesis so i'm trying to resist until i have more time:hmh:

dear mjp thank you for changing my nickname and i like the site
however have you ever thought of starting an irc channel (or something similiar) for
bukowski.net?
i don't know if there is any thread for technical issues here​

dear mjp ...
however have you ever thought of starting an irc channel (or something similiar) for
bukowski.net?

IRC has come up before.

mjp sensibly said:-

Ha ha - well, I don't see it happening for a couple of reasons. First, there isn't really a good (free) web-based chat program. You kind of need to run an IRC-based chat server with a graphic interface on top of it to have chat that isn't choppy and jerky and lame. And running such a server comes complete with a barrel of ugly problems I won't bore you with.

Secondly, I don't think this user base is large enough to support a chat area. I have tried it in the past on other sites with larger populations than this one, and when I'd look at the logs all I would see was hundreds of lines of:

Anybody here?
Anybody here?
I'm here, what up?
Nothing. Just seeing who's here.
Oh.
Anybody here?
Anybody here?

So I'm not sure it would be worth the effort even if the technological issues didn't exist.

i don't know if there is any thread for technical issues here

Are you having a technical problem or do you mean for site suggestions?

oh i see - thank you hank solo and too bad as i used to be a heavy irc user and thought it could be fun to talk to some of you before i become sick of this place ;p
as far as i know there are other quite nice options (like ajax chat for example) however honestly i don't have much idea about details hm nvm then
Are you having a technical problem or do you mean for site suggestions?
i mean for questions for admins

hey it's not my fault i get bored of things very easily
i can't help it though i'd like to
it's kind of a curse you know
so i just meant i wanted to enjoy buk.net more before i won't be able to
now inhale
exhale
smile

Users who are viewing this thread

Back