• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Two manuscripts (one original) and an early letter to the Webbs (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
The letter is the "something for the touts" letter written to Webb in 1964. If two grand seems high for a 1983 poem manuscript, it's because it's an original, not the carbon copy that was typical post-1968.

CHARLES BUKOWSKI 1983 SIGNED ORIGINAL POEM MANUSCRIPT "repeat"
CHARLES BUKOWSKI 1971 SIGNED POEM MANUSCRIPT "a very dramatic man"
CHARLES BUKOWSKI 1964 ORIGINAL SIGNED LETTER TO PUBLISHER WITH ENVELOPE

If you're interested in anything (or making a bundle deal - seller is motivated!) let me know and I can stop the auction(s) and we can settle outside of eBay.

Take advantage of my unemployment sale! I'll surely regret it one day, but you never will!

poem1971-12-13-a-very-dramatic-man.jpg

poem1983-06-15-repeat.jpg

letter1964-12-23-Webbs-touts.jpg

letter1964-12-23-Webbs-toutsENV.jpg

Last edited:
Update: this is sold.

I also put up a copy of 2 by Bukowski, at a lower price than I listed it for previously:

CHARLES BUKOWSKI 1967 "2 BY BUKOWSKI" (A.K.A. "2 POEMS") FIRST BLACK SPARROW BOOK $749

2poems-2x.jpg

Last edited:
Bad Brains asked the eternal question, "How low can a punk get?" and this is the eternal answer:

$599 - CHARLES BUKOWSKI 1964 ORIGINAL SIGNED LETTER TO PUBLISHER WITH ENVELOPE
$699 - CHARLES BUKOWSKI 1971 SIGNED POEM MANUSCRIPT "a very dramatic man"
$1777 - CHARLES BUKOWSKI 1983 SIGNED ORIGINAL POEM MANUSCRIPT "repeat"

The prize here is "repeat," of course, but it's all good stuff, and if they don't sell at these prices, I will assume that it is the will of Allah, Jehovah and Rastafari, and they will eventually go back into cold storage deep inside my cold, cold heart.

What is money, anyway? Money comes and goes. These manuscripts and this letter are eternal, am I right? At least until the big fireball engulfs us all. Until then, though, why not enjoy these pieces of literary history in your own home? You'd be a fool not to.

If I had the dough right now, I'd buy that original manuscript. It really is one of the only irrepleacble and truly "rare" items out there. $1800 is a bargain! Plus I don't even like MJP and I'd still buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back