Vote for Buk - NOW !!! (1 Viewer)

The German TV-and radio-station SWR has chosen Charles Bukowski to be among the 100 greatest people from the federal state of Rheinland-Pfalz (of all time)!

Now YOU CAN VOTE for him on their website - to bring him into the Top-20.
This would mean, he'll be featured in a TV-show on 12-1 to spread his fame and honor all over the world (or at least some very very important parts of it).

Here's the link:
http://www.swr.de/100-groessten-rheinland-pfaelzer/

- since you'll have to vote for 3 people but sure don't want to push the wrong person, be aware, that you have the right to name people by yourself (like your aunt or Bukowskis cousin Heinrich Fett) as your no 2 and 3.

Only problem is filling in: PLZ

Short version of platz or zip code? Anyhow, only able to fill in 4 letters or numbers there....It keeps telling me, fill in: PLZ

Yow! I have no idea what to do on that site to vote, but if you sprechen zie deutsch, go for it.

I clicked on a picture of a naked lady and this came up:

Wer ist Ihr gräßter Rheinland-Pfälzer?

I hope I didn't vote for Bruce Willis by mistake

Last edited by a moderator:
Only problem is filling in: PLZ

Short version of platz or zip code? Anyhow, only able to fill in 4 letters or numbers there....It keeps telling me, fill in: PLZ

So can you explain me what to do with: PLZ?

Yeah, it's German for zip-code ("Post-Leit-Zahl") and is supposed to have 5 figures. Try making up something. Or give them a German city: Bamberg / PLZ: 96049

I clicked on a picture of a naked lady and this came up:

Wer ist Ihr gräßter Rheinland-Pfälzer?

I hope I didn't vote for Bruce Willis by mistake

You sure did not.
Translation of that sentence: "Who is the greatest person from Rheinland-Pfalz to you?" - they're obviosly still waiting for your vote baby.

Yow! I have no idea what to do on that site to vote, but if you sprechen zie deutsch, go for it.

Haha, I have same problem. I just don't understand. And in school it was big problem for me to pass the exam in German :)

Way too early in the morning here, but I think I figured it out. I clicked on the link, and then clicked on the picture of the ballot, I chose the people, and then was stuck. For all you English speakers (I asked a German Professor): The first box is for your first name, then last name in the box next to that, then street address (StraBe), email of course, I entered my zip in the PZC thing, then city, The pull down box asks for "what you do", like a good Marxist, I picked "employee" (the first one), then you enter the code and Voila! If the ballot doesn't disappear, you have to fill out more info...Hope that helps and I hope Buk wins!

Goddamned complicated websites. I couldn't find a picture of Herr Dr. Theo Morell, so I clipped on the Buk image blindly like some fucking labratory animal, until frustrated that the edible treat did not drop, I gave up.

Sorry--I wouldn't have gotten it from what I wrote either. Click on the link that Roni supplies and when the page (finally) pops up, click on "Wahlkabine" at the bottom of that page click on the link that reads "Hier geht's Zur Abstimmung"--that's when the ballot will pop up in a new window and you can choose Buk and fill out the contact information as described above.

I wonder if we can "translate the page" because as an uneducated mono-language speaking American, navigating around that site makes me feel like I am inside of Jabberwocky...

Happy Voting!

Roni -it would be cool if you could post the link to the news sector of the homepage from
the german Bukowski society too !

Alright the vote's in...1) Bukowski 2) Gutenberg and 3) the Loreley !!

(there used to be great rock concerts at the Loreley in the 70's , I know it wasn't what Heine had in mind, but :) and of course for a profession: 'arbeitslos' (unemployed)

But I'm going to make an observation for what it's worth:
several people on this band wagon are the same ones that ripped into the effort to save Buk's DeLongpre house in LA a few months ago. WWTSPD (What Would the Sex Pistols Do?).

Bruce Willis vs. Johannes Gutenberg? Karl Marx vs. Mary Roos? You have to understand how ridiculous this all is ;) I'm having fun with it, but in the end it's just a promotion for a TV station...

voting for anything is neither big nor clever in my humble opinion.

but if forced I would vote for Bruce Willis because he has always paid his gambling debts on time, unlike most of the others.

Roni -it would be cool if you could post the link to the news sector of the homepage from
the german Bukowski society too !

Valid idea!
unfortunately I'm buzy as hell right now with moving (a very biiiig household) and preparing for the way too short trip to the US and besides caught a little cold and have to fight it so it doesn't grow to influenza before my trip.
so - I think it may take some time till I can do this, and then it's over.

The ranking is done.

Bukowski got to no. 59 - if he made it amongst the first 50 he would be on TV tonight (and in the Top 20 he'd have a bigger appearence in a later show).

Anyway, he left behind guys like Karl Baedeker, Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, Anselm Feuerbach, Sebastian Münster, Fürst von Metternich and Hugo Ball. So, I guess we're o.k. - for THIS time.

http://www.swr.de/100-groessten-rhe...472/nid=2616472/did=2462812/dp9lze/index.html

I don't know, people might think he's a Nazi...

2081487577_50b8f768c2_o.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back