Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
We avoided this for a long time, but damn, I regret putting it off now because it's really funny! And not funny like most movies (funny for 30 minutes, 30 minutes of "drama," 30 minutes of painfully unfunny "humorous drama," 5 minute montage wrap-up with classic rock song backdrop, roll credits), no, this is seriously funny all the way through.

If you're a fan of rockumentaries, or any bio movies about musicians, you'll see a lot of familiar cliches in here, and they roast them expertly.

John C. Reilly plays Dewey Cox from the age of 15 all the way through his life, and they never try to change his appearance. He looks the same as a 15 year old and a 50 year old. It's absurd like that. Funny stuff.

I watched the first 10 min. and it was pretty funny. I think I'll get the DVD when it comes out...

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was funny in an overkill kind of way. With this current movie thread I didn't think it was funny enough to warrant it's own thread- or I was too embarrassed to admit I liked it. It was silly.

They're all supposed to have their own thread - even silly ones. One thread discussing 50 movies becomes mush.

i thought it was pretty funny. i also avoided it when it came out and was surpised that i liked it. the scene where they're smoking weed in the bathroom and dewey wants some (taken, i believe, from the movie Ray) was great...

I've been consistently surprised by how much I've enjoyed a lot of comedies that I've avoided for some time... Superbad, Dewey Cox, Stepbrothers, just about anything else with Will Ferrell actually... Whenever I catch one through Netflix or the library, I'm usually happy with the result.

Dewey Cox was especially good though. Just crazy ridiculous, sublimely funny in a weird way... plus I loved the Beatles scene too...

Jacky White...

But mjp, how do you rate Jack White's phenomenal performance as Elvis in the movie!? I happened to think it was as phenomenal as everything else he does!
jack-white-walk-hard.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back