• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

war all the time 1st trade ed. (1 Viewer)

jordan

lothario speedwagon
How much do these tend to go for? I can't find one on Abe, eBay, or any other of the usual places, except for one listing at $250, which seems inordinately high for a trade first from this time period. maybe not.

I assume that you're talking about a Trade Hardcover. A signed and numbered copy of this book in fine condition will typically sell for somewhere between $175-250 on ebay. I would guess (and I do mean guess) that you would probably be able to get $100-125 for the unsigned trade edition if the condition is about fine.

I've noticed that, in general, First Trade Hardcovers are harder to find for sale than the signed/limiteds. No idea why.

i've been thinking about that lately as well, as i've been looking for first-trade hardcovers and not finding all that many. i think one possible reason is that the limited eds were purchased by people who intended to sell them at some point, given that they were already collector's editions. the trade editions were probably bought by people who just wanted the books, and since the first trade hardcovers are often almost as limited as the numbered ed's, they got bought up and kept. maybe.

I can't find one on Abe, eBay, or any other of the usual places, except for one listing at $250, which seems inordinately high for a trade first from this time period. maybe not.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?bx=off&sts=t&ds=30&bi=0&an=bukowski&y=6&fe=on&tn=war+all+the+time&x=59&sortby=2

If it's the one from Gregor books that you mean,
He'll almost always come down 20%...
But yeah,
That still does seem high
But if I really want a certain book
I'd rather buy from a dealer than a faceless seller on e-bay
(unless I know the seller).
Good luck.

And BTW, it does kind of make sense that it's hard to find a good 1st hard cover edition->
There are a few authors today that when Tuesday rolls around
(the day everything is released
(and why is that ?))
I have to rush out and get it
And pay no attention to keeping it in pristine shape....
Just readable again.
If I want it for posterity or such
I'll go and re-buy a first
Or more limited if available
And not read it.
It's a mad mad game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back