Watching old home movies... (2 Viewers)

nervas

more crickets than friends
Is it just me, is it my insomnia/boredom lately? Or does anyone else on here pull out old home movies and watch them every now and then? I mean lately, I've watched family vacations, bday parties, weddings, everything I have! Tonight though, is a crowning jewel, as I just pulled out a video of one of my shitty bands(this was a duo, just drums and guitar, well and my crappy vocals) trying to impress the natives, in some girls living room! I'm certain this was about 1991, so I was 16 or 17, depending on the month, and either had just discovered Buk, or was days away from doing so... Anyway, anyone else ever pull out the home movies and drink and sit in misery? Ha, ha, not so much misery, but kind of.

me.jpg

ha, ha. I wasn't even buzzed when I began watching the videos tonight. But lately, I watch them most nights, not sure why? Maybe trying to recapture some version of my youth or something. I mean I'm even watching camping videos from the late 80's, early 90's. The weirdest part is looking at all the friends, and I mean close friends I had in the 80's/90's that I have absolutely no contact with anymore. 99% of them you couldn't pay me to be in contact with, but a few, 4-5 I wouldn't mine throwing some whiskey down with. Oh, I know, that's it, I'm on my way to sign up for facebook! YAH!!!!!!

Is your drummer wearing Frankenstein makeup? That's pretty good. You guys were on to something.

I have no idea what he was doing? However at the end of the video, the camera dude goes around asking everyone what their favorite song/moment was, or some cheesy question like that. One girl answers, Isaac's(the drummers) make up changes, those were awesome! He changed his face like 5X, and I'm laughing so hard right now, I cannot for the life of me, remember why he did that? Though, he is one, actually maybe THE ONLY one in this particular video that I still talk to on a daily basis. So I am going to ask him what was up with the makeup changes. I'm sure he will have absolutely no recollection of this memory, until I show him the video. I also just realized two interesting facts from this old home video. One, we played like 25 songs, and the girl I was dating at the time showed up during song 24! Should have told me something right? Also, Andrea Barber, who was Kimmy Gibler on Full House was one of the girls in the audience. Even funnier, her boyfriend threatened to beat my ass around this time, because I wrote a song about her called "Gimmie Kimmy!" Classic!

The home movies from when I was a kid are on 8 MM film, run on an old projector, 1950s, early 60s. I haven't seen them for a while, but I've thought about watching them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back