We.. Unauthorized Arundhati Roy - You schould see this! (1 Viewer)

its a fast-paced musical documentary that visualizes the words of Arundhati Roy, specifically her famous Come September speech.

64 minute documentary that cover the world politics of power, war, corporations, deception and exploitation.

It visualizes the words of Arundhati Roy, specifically her famous Come September speech, where she spoke on such things as the war on terror, corporate globalization, justice and the growing civil unrest.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4100322562082185221

-----------------------
Arundhati Roy (born November 24, 1961) is an Indian novelist, activist and a world citizen. She won the Booker Prize in 1997 for her first novel The God of Small Things.

Roy was born in Shillong, Meghalaya to a Keralite Syrian Christian mother and a Bengali Hindu father, a tea planter by profession. She spent her childhood in Aymanam, in Kerala, schooling in Corpus Christi. She left Kerala for Delhi at age 16, and embarked on a homeless lifestyle, staying in a small hut with a tin roof within the walls of Delhi's Feroz Shah Kotla and making a living selling empty bottles.

http://www.weroy.org/

I currently have dial-up so videos are a slow-motion pain-in-the-ass to watch, but the subject sounds great. I will try to catch it on a friend's computer. Thanks for the heads-up.

KillRockStars - you rabble rousing bastard, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but we steer clear of political bullshit here for the most part.

Carry on.

Everything is political.

Even being apolitical.

Even indifference.

Have any of you heard of Alex Jones and the New World Order?

Tis a facsinating subject....

www.infowars.com
www.prisonplanet.com

ok, just realised dull had mentioned Mr Jones!

mjp - why do you claim to steer clear of politics?
I know this isn't a politics site per se
but it has its place. even in Buk land.

:)

No Title by Bukowski

all theories
like clich?s
shot to hell,
all these small faces
looking up
beautiful and believing;
I wish to weep
but sorrow is
stupid.
I wish to believe
but belief is a
graveyard.
we have narrowed it down to
the butcherknife and the
mockingbird.
wish us
luck.

This is a poem.
Do you see this as some kind of
advice?

i.e. let the fuckers walk all over you
let the armies bayonet and screw
let the bastards take the helm

remember folks,
the captain is out to lunch and the sailors have taken over the ship

;);););)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a great prose-poem. I knew it straight away.

this line gets me

I wish to believe
but belief is a
graveyard.

and

all theories
like clich?s
shot to hell

there is no cure
for ennui
when all the world
and its people are
rushing about
DOING everything
and doing everything in

what's the alternative?

mjp - why do you claim to steer clear of politics?
I know this isn't a politics site per se
but it has its place. even in Buk land.
It's pointlessly divisive. If it starts to creep in here I will kill it with no apology.

You aren't going to convince anyone that they are wrong and you are right, because you're both wrong. And it doesn't matter.

Of course politics is devisive - people value different things - I am not talking about getting on the bandwagon of saome political party but if we happen to discuss some issues...don't just mute it....jesus that'd be like living in China....

Think - if the politician took such a political tight view as you - Bukowskis poetry would probably be burned as pure decadence.

It's all here to see.

Tolerate intolerance....

Problem is, in an online "community" like this, that sort of divisiveness is damaging, and once the genie is out of the bottle it's difficult to repair the vibe, for lack of a non-hippie word. Trust me on this one.

As the great LA Filosofer said, "Can't we all just learn to get along?" and, don't forget, "We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

SD

What about establishing a political thread on this site ? Specifically for that.

I could deal with that and still enjoy "the regular Buk talk".....

whaddya think

Listen, you guys can talk about whatever you want. I don't want to dictate what you start, but if I feel that a particular topic is taking a negative turn I will exercise editorial control.

Political "talk" can very easily lead to creeping animosity, and that animosity can't be contained in a thread or a separate "politics" forum. For a couple of years I was the admin for a forum with 25,000 users, and one lone asshole almost destroyed the place in a matter of a couple weeks. How? By "innocently" talking politics. He wasn't innocent, of course, he was there only to stir up shit, but I believe that he was saying things he believed in, and we can't help but get sucked into things like that, it's human nature.

If no one moderated this joint or screened out the spammers and cranks from the new users, if it was just left open and free to whoever and whatever, it would become useless in a very short time. That's the nature of the beast. It is increasingly common for people to shut down forums because they have lost control of them and the users they intended to attract have all fled. I don't want to see that happen here.

I think President Bush said it best in his last state of the union address when he said, "Politics Is Like Trying to Screw a Cat in the Ass."

Here, here.

If no one moderated this joint or screened out the spammers and cranks from the new users, if it was just left open and free to whoever and whatever, it would become useless in a very short time. That's the nature of the beast.
I totally agree MJP. Keep up the good work. This forum is a wonder, thanks to you! :)
PS: and if everything indeed is connected to "poltics", then the best way of discussing it is by "showing not telling", if you catch my drift. Isn't that what the Buk did anyhow? Yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back