What do you want for Christmas? (1 Viewer)

I don't want much, but my 4 1/2 year old wants a drum set.

so, yeah. we'll see how that goes.

i just want to be able to get out of my house to be able to get my kids their christmas presents. i'm snowed in.

first, a little prayer - and then:
World Peace !

01_29_07groundhog.jpg

Roberto Bolano's posthumous novel "2666" is what I would like, as well as the time to read the 800-plus-page opus.

Yo (Carvers)Dog,
;)
I got the book a couple of days ago
(opting for the 893! page hardcover over the 3-volume slipcased paperback edition, and maybe regretting that) and I'm planning on holing up in bed for the next week to read it. Find the time to read it and I'll send it to you if you like.

All I want for Christmas is
Egg Nog with Vanilla Vodka
and a buyer for my first screenplay
(once I finish it :o)

My wife and I don't celebrate X-mas, but all I want at this time of seasons' change is to have myself and my wife to find ourselves in good health for the year to come.

That's what I want too, at least for the airport. My daughter can't come home.

After arriving to the airport at 8:00 pm (just to be sure to get there) my daughter just checked her bags for a 10:45 a.m. flight.
Merry Christmas, things are looking up.

Just a little over three hours to go and I feel good about it for once.:D

I want that second edition of Howl that was signed by Ginsberg. You know, the one that Customs seized back in the day, leading to the Howl trial. A signed piece of history <3.

yes Father, that's fucking great indeed.
i went into the beat museum in august and met, i believe, jerry. great guy who went out of his way to talk to us...

Will do that when I return from shopping. There's snow to the north and west of us here in Southern Nevada, cold and cloudy with a 50% chance of a rain soaking.

2666 does look interesting. The box attracted me and then I read an article... somewhere. I'll probably pick up the box since I doubt I'd ever finish it otherwise...

As a book critic, I don't have much time for recreational reading but after reading the compelling reviews in the New York Times and Harper's, "2666" seems to be an absolute must-read, a literary event, if you will, and those don't come along too often. Strengthening the Harper's high praise was the fact that the author of the essay-length review admitted up front that she absolutely despised Bolano's "The Savage Detective" and yet she still approached the posthumous release with more than an open mind. That's what pretty much sold me on it.

My family exchanged gifts tonight. I did, in fact, get a typewriter. Very excited. Now all I need to do is move out and develop a drinking habit...though, I don't drink at all(and can't because of a stomach surgery I had), so that might prevent from becoming a great writer ;).

My family exchanged gifts tonight. I did, in fact, get a typewriter. Very excited. Now all I need to do is move out and develop a drinking habit...though, I don't drink at all(and can't because of a stomach surgery I had), so that might prevent from becoming a great writer ;).

I've said this before, but I'll say it again:

There's plenty of time to become a drunk after you've failed at everything else. You may be all over this (and your wink suggests that you are), but seriously: I wish I had a typewriter. I last had one in 1994 and it crapped the bed.

Just write.

It's worse when you become a drunk before you fail at everything and fail at everything after that because you're a drunk ;)

Misery is the devil's advocate.

... What do I want for Christmas?
I got it all, as far as I know. Including some really cool and awesome stuff from Mr. G :). I'll be posting pictures tomorrow when I get my new Kodak digital. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back