What I'm having for Dancing.

Let's dance! (or not)

Slimey and Jennnnnn, this is your place - anyone else is invited, too.

Do you like to dance? Anything from Flamenco to Clowning.

At 12, I tried breakdance and made a complete fool out of myself.
Well, at least I had the white gloves...

First stage dive wasn't too cool either because I landed in a group of ladies who were just sipping their drinks.

The shortest pogo action in my career was with two mohawkanians in spiked leather-it took them five seconds to slam me to the floor.

I was with a girl for years, who was a semi-professional dancer. She made me take classes on everything from swing to salsa. I hated every second of it. I think if I had more rythm, or any rythm at all I may have enjoyed it somewhat. I was always just soooo bad at any dancing that the whole thing became a negative experience.

Never liked moshing, slam dancing, etc though I went to many, many, many hundreds of shows in the 90's where that was happening. Didn't mind crowd surfing until I got kicked out of a deftones show during the first song at the Long Beach Sports Arena. The show started, my friend gave me the boost, I made it over the first couple rows of people smashed together, the bouncers violently pulled me down to the floor in between the stage and the barricade...they then violently lifted me up, 3 of them, and dragged me to the side exit....the funnier part was the singer, Chino Moreno, of the deftones(who I casually know) was staring straight at me and the action and I figured he'd say, "hey hey, don't kick him out" or something to the sort, but he said nothing. Two days later I was at the Dragonfly in Santa Monica and ran into Chino and asked what was up with that. He said, "yeah, I thought I recognized you, sorry." Anyway the bouncers threw, literally threw me out the exit and closed it behind me. So I walked over to the Yardhouse and drank until my friends left the show!

Come on, you wrote that only to flaunt that you know Chino Moreno :rolleyes:.

I loved "Around the Fur" when it came out and caught them live in Zeche Carl, Essen in Germany. I didn't dance but sweated like a pig cause the hall was superheated - outside was February's frost and I was dressed for that condition. Ha! Next day was my birthday and I had caught a supercold.

I'm doing the shake(s), but only in the morning after a nights drinking.

Btw, how does one dance the pogo?

Last edited by a moderator:
L:DL! Yeah! This is much better.

I'm doing the bubblegum twist, snapping my fingers, breaking my neck with Tommy Victor and hoola girls smear jam on our backs.

I'm doing the shake(s), but only in the morning after a nights drinking.

You stand in one place and jump up and dowm-it was an early punk dance and was rumored to be started by Sid Vicious (as an audience member) when he was jumping up and down to try and see the band over the crowd.

Put on your red shoes and dance the blues.

You stand in one place and jump up and dowm-it was an early punk dance and was rumored to be started by Sid Vicious (as an audience member) when he was jumping up and down to try and see the band over the crowd.

I see. Like jumping with a pogo-stick...

Put on your red shoes and dance the blues.

Right! - "Let's dance the blues" (as Zappa says on one of his albums)...:D

Here's a funny looking dance. :D - It starts at 00.32 min.:

[This video is unavailable.]

of course not. we just do it for favors from the ladys,:eek: but then, the worthy ones all know this, so the actions are all moot... shit whats a man to do?....

Funny; I got Rhythm, but I don't dance. Yeah, when you're single and looking for some, you dance. But I could do it, you know, if it didn't seem so fucking gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Disclaimer: Really good dancers are pure athletes in my mind. Respect 'em; don't want to watch them. (or listen to that crap dance music you often hear - mjp, back off! I'm not talking Big Band or any of that cool shit from the '40s-50s jazz; I'm talking the stuff kids today are listening to; like...Morgan Freeman.)

2nd Disclaimer: I like Morgan Freeman; that was a Family Guy quote. Obviousness over. Over?

Buk homosexual? Just because he was a great ballet and tango dancer? Come on! We all know he danced so he could score some chicks...

The real question is: Did Bukowski dance? ( I mean, on his feet. not on the keys...) then again, dancing on the keys seemed to bring plenty (enough) women. So we may have answered the question here (was it a question?) Dancing does get the chicks...and bukowski wasn't bisexual. (was he?) ok... now, where's that alcohol thread?.....

True story-slimedog recently took an aptitude test for what job you're suited for an the two top choices were nanny and dancer.

"We don't only sing but we dance
Just as good as we walk"

All the professional dancers I met at theaters were tri-sexual, paranoid-anarchist peacocks who liked Bukowski but imagined he would look like Jean Paul Gaultier.

Come on, you wrote that only to flaunt that you know Chino Moreno :rolleyes:.
Come on, you wrote that only because you're jealous :p .
Ha brakdance ! And did you also try tecktonik ?

You didn't know pogo, Bukfan ? Haven't you attended any rock concert ? Or maybe one of that kind :
That's only a film (a puzzling one...), I can't believe that in reality people would have stayed lotionless while having Jammy Page and Jaff Bock in front of them !

I'm not a girl but I'm so fond of dancing. I mean, I've entered in a nightclub (younger, my parents won't have let me, and now I'm just intrigued by the silly looking douchebags one is bound to meet there and the listenable background "music") and never taken any course of salsa, chips, tango, etc.

But younger, I was tortured by classical dance. I found (and still find) ballet dancers so beautiful and gracious I want to have them all to myself ! I finally practiced gymnastic during years (because my parents thought that classical dance would spoil my appetite...) and since that time, I'm used to moving booty .

Pogos during concerts, but soft ones, not to hurt the others and not to be hurt myself. I love the people who forget those surrounding them and don't mind hurting them ! A few weeks ago, I was attending a concert, and didn't expect at all the crowd going so wild... I (who was chainsmoking after a working day) was suddenly in the middle of violent [STRIKE]mouthfuckers[/STRIKE] pogo dancers who touching me, only thinking to their own pleasure...
Stage diving, mosh pits, etc... Oh my ! Somebody told me about all he sees and himself does during concerts (he was - and very certainly still is - used to attending big metal concerts such as Metallica's, Slayers', etc.) and I was happy : that's a concert, that's a fighting place full of primitive beasts ! That's why I've attended so many big metal concert, I want to be torn into pieces. (Some would ask : "Why don't you attend them by standing far from the stage and thus far from the salvages ?" Because that's not my conception of a concert, I need to be as near the band as possible to saviour a concert).

At home, I'm very fond of hula hoop. Maybe that seems ridiculous to me, but I assure you that's funny, really makes the body move and is highly recommended to pressure a slender waist and a felt stomach. Of course, I put some music while practising hula hoop, and accelerate/slow down my movements according to the music's rhythm. I would like to do that in group with other men, I proposed to give hula hoop lessons during lunch hour to some colleagues who keep complaining about their stomach, but they find themselves too soiled for that party.

Besides, I'm a fan from Een Kurtis' "dad fly dance" :

The question here, in this video is "are we human or are we dancer"?
The KILLERS here are asking on their knees for the answer.
Anyone knows? :confused:

wow, Ambreen, usually the primitive beasts carry swords and make the pit become a slaughterhouse at Slayer gigs. I mean, that's what the name stands for. When they play Die by the Sword, there are avaragely 200-300 dead and sure Hell Awaits them.

now there's one unwritten rule to a concert of any hard edged band: if you don't like to be kicked, beaten, tossed around-stay outside of the pit. this ain't the pet shop boys playing.

Fair enough, you don't like me anymore.
Why do you say that, Ponder ? I've never disliked you.

now there's one unwritten rule to a concert of any hard edged band: if you don't like to be kicked, beaten, tossed around-stay outside of the pit. this ain't the pet shop boys playing.
Yes, stay behind at 100 meters from the stage and look at the band with bifocals. Great !

Of course not. No man likes to dance.
...?
... !
... !

[link]
... !
The real question is: Did Bukowski dance?

on his wedding:

buk-wedding-dance-a.JPG

I remember a funny text (was it a 'Notes'-column?) where he describes being on a party, dancing with an ironing-board. Anybody knows that?
Yeah, and then trying to screw it. It's one of the "Notes"-columns. Don't have the book now. The one where he goes home after the party and meets this woman with "the body of an 18 yr old" but the 50 yr old face etc.

Shakespeare Never Did Dance This

I believe in SNDT there are some Montfort picts of Bukowski dancing a wine-soddened tango - Ole! - at a private party in Germany and making his usual nuisance of himself. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back