• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

What's up with ubikbooks? (1 Viewer)

Not sure if you're trying to blow smoke up my backside, FL, but thanks. I am a member of other websites, and their methods are somewhat different, so I used the <> to post a link here and it ended up being messy. Now I see that this site automatically truncates long web addresses, so all I have to do is copy the web link and paste it here. Automatically truncated.

Right. Forums vary, but here, and generally
speaking, forums use [ some stuff ] where others on the web use
< some stuff > So, yeah. That's what was happening for you.

I use a couple of websites to truncate long URI's
(or url's) http://tinyurl.com/ is among
the most common lof the ong link truncation sites.

But, yeah, you must actually put the entire link
into the forum post here. The forum then
"truncates" the link automatically.

Hope that helps!

The revised second printing does or does not have the color title page?

I thought that it would not be in color.
It is not, the title page is black ink only. That's why I asked, because I always assumed the "firsts" of Women in HC were the revised edition. But I don't know because I've never owned one.

Truncation = rounding, essentially. A mathematical term exported to a web link paradigm, as it were. Technically, truncation refers to a reduction in digits at the end of a number (typically decimals).
And in php (which is the language this forum is written in) you can decide which parts and how much of the string (text) to truncate, and whether you want to cut it from the beginning, end or middle.

I use a couple of websites to truncate long URI's
(or url's) http://tinyurl.com/ is among
the most common lof the ong link truncation sites.
I am always wary of using third part sites to do anything in a post. tinyurl.com could disappear next week, and once that database is gone, so are all the tiny URLs out there.

I think if Flickr or YouTube went under (and as big as they are it is not inconceivable), half the content of the world's blogs and forums would disappear overnight. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back