Where B. fucks man in butt (1 Viewer)

Besides I don't know what to do about those double dots over the U's. The Turks do that too.

The mark is called an umlaut. Over a U it usually sounds like uh, as in mud or fun or mud fun or slut or cunt or sun or bum or crumb. Need any more examples? I got a million of 'em.

Hey, that's nice chronic, now what do I do about the part that I don't speak or read German? DUH!

Besides I can't type those little double dots on top.

I'm sure roni will give you German lessons if you ask him nicely. As for the umlaut, just get a magic marker or sharpie... anything permanent... and put them right on your monitor when you're typing. Your computer will know to add them when you click send.

OR, on a Mac, hold down the option key and type "u", release the option key and then quickly type "u" again w/out the option key. On a PC hold down the ALT key, type 0220 on the numeric keypad, then release the ALT key.

Now, get started on your German.

... Over a U it usually sounds like uh, as in mud or fun ...

sorry pal, that's not quite right.

the german letter that sounds like english 'u' in 'mud' is 'a' - and the german letter that sounds like the english letter 'a' is the Umlaut-version: 'ä' (though it doesn't sound EXACTLY like your 'a', but close enough).

anyway, the german Umlaut-u ('ü') sounds more like, ..., hm, I don't know Any english word that contains a similar sound. But looking around i found an explanation at BBC/h2g2 that fits:

"say German 'i' but with your lips in position for 'u'."

now you only need to know, how to pronounce the german 'i'. it's 'ee' like in 'eagle' or 'feeling' (or sometimes short, like in 'fit' or 'mist').

now try it. say 'ee' with your lips formed for a 'u'! sounds weird, eh? so you got it.

and how to pronounce the german umlaut 'ä'? that's easy. it's like in 'work' or 'jerk'.

you're welcome.

and 'hank buk':
due to reasons of global understanding the right language to use here is in any case English, even if you're talking to a person, you expect (or know) to be an other native speaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only on bukowski.net could a thread titled, "Where B. fucks man in butt" turn into a lesson on proper German pronunciation of Ü.

that's One of the reasons i love this place so much.

on the other hand, it's not That off-topic. you know, there's a Bukowski-poem named:
'Pronouncing a foreign language the correct way is like trying to screw a man in the ass'.

Are we trying to find out if Bukowski was gay?

It never crossed my mind that buk was gay. The way he talks about women is too real and too how straight men think about women...not saying it's a bad thing. I love it, the way he writes about women. Being a woman myself, I find it almost enduring. Not sure what that says about me....

It never crossed my mind either, and I couldn't care less if he were!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back