Where can i find information on Publishers? (1 Viewer)

If you asked because you did not feel like looking on amazon.com or Wikipedia to find out who was the publisher, then that is a new low in lazy. If you asked because you want to contact them to help with your paper, then you are insane.

Bill

No, i did look on the internet and i did find ecco, i just wanted to know if there were any previous ones. I also found City Lights Publishers; 2 edition. But i didn't know if there were any others, or any before this.

I've read about John Martin???

Was he Bukowski's first publisher? He was the one that offered him 100$ a month for life to write wasn't he?

Bukowski was published by a bunch of folks until 1969, when John Martin and Black Sparrow Press became his publishers. Since then the rights were sold to Ecco (Harper Collins). City lights published his prose, from time to time, in 1972 & 2008.

Bill

I've read about John Martin???

Was he Bukowski's first publisher? He was the one that offered him 100$ a month for life to write wasn't he?

Correct, Martin was the one who offered Buk $100 a month. His Black Sparrow Press published most of Buk's books (for over 30 years!)

Buk's first real books was published by Loujon Press in 1963 (It Catches My Heart In Its Hands) and 1965 (Crucifix In A Deathhand)...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back