who really missed me? (1 Viewer)

ClassIntellectual

Founding member
"Hey ClassIntellectual, we're glad you're here and all, but you haven't said anything in over two weeks. Make a post. Tell us what (or who) you had for dinner. Make an ass of yourself somehow, you know how to do that. Jump back in the water, all the other freaks miss you."

What's this business all about? I think I've gone two weeks (or more) before without posting. Is this a new feature?

I hope this is sufficient "making an ass of myself." :cool:

I'm pretty sure those "register"/"post more often" messages have been there since the beginning. I started using them on a forum before this one opened and they helped increase registration, so I think I added them here when I was installing this beast.

And the answer to the question is we all missed you.

mjp said:
I'm pretty sure those "register"/"post more often" messages have been there since the beginning. I started using them on a forum before this one opened and they helped increase registration, so I think I added them here when I was installing this beast.
Ah, guess I just didn't notice. Interesting idea.

Nobody should have even noticed I left...but I did...I went to the Wickerman Festival, for anyone who doesn't know, the Wickerman is a festival in Dumfries in Scotland....on the border between england.

I got riotously drunk, pissed an angry higlander, and got seriously bad sunburn and sunstroke. For some inane reason I felt the need to let you all know about this...I am Lobster red...my face looks slightly swollen and scortched.

Global Warming toasted me good and well!

anyone recall reading this quote? i used it in a tribute to bukowski - summer 02 - just dredged it up from the bottom of my desk drawer...cannot recall what rag it appeared in:

"bukowski has also become the prophet of the underemployed...the computer programmer who can whistle beethoven, the assembly line worker who writes poetry nightly..."
kenneth funsten
june 1985

rrat

The Common Man

"bukowski has also become the prophet of the underemployed...the computer programmer who can whistle beethoven, the assembly line worker who writes poetry nightly..."
kenneth funsten
june 1985

Great quote. Ruminations. In Europe, the common man on the street seems more literate of writers, musicians and painters. Nor is it a sin to be out of work over there if you're an artist. The great artists created for the masses, not just the aristocracy, but I doubt if they ever thought they'd have to compete with silly sit-coms, computer games, YouTube, Yahoo! or Google. Thank God I was able to discover the Three B's, the blues, and the Buk, before I was inundated with so many impediments to their discovery. But I'm not worried about the youth of today: I was once one myself and I managed to find the good stuff because I followed some strange impulse within me that needed it. At the time, I could even find cut-out jazz albums of musicians like Dizzy Gillespie and Charlie Parker at my local liquor stores! I'd make the rounds and pick up these cheap vinyl records and soaked up their essence as if my life depended upon it. It did. I would have died without this creative input, and it helped me become a writer/musician myself. "”Poptop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back