WOMEN movie (1 Viewer)

I'm thinking about writing an original screenplay based on events I've actually experienced, or, alternately, events I've dreamed up myself (some call it "fiction," I believe), then trying to get it made into an original movie, which will represent my own artistic view/vision of the world around me and my experience of the human condition. I know, cliche; even so, it seems like other people have done this, I am almost positive, but I need the advice of strangers in an internet forum before I proceed with my own life and dreams, etc.

is this a good idea or should I just glom onto existing efforts by established artists with actual talent and hope my name gets swept up in their already profitable works? please advise, mjp. I am careful to "focus group" my life, just in case I am on the wrong track.

also, I am not an asshole. I do not own a cigar, but have a friend who will lend me the money for one, if you think I need one.

is this a good idea or should I just glom onto existing efforts by established artists with actual talent and hope my name gets swept up in their already profitable works? please advise, mjp. I am careful to "focus group" my life, just in case I am on the wrong track.

mjp is not home at the moment so i'll tell you what mjp would have told you.

Fuck you, Cuntingham.

I am shocked by my treatment here at this "fan site."

bukowski would hate this place and you people and your hopes and dreams and also your language and attitude and probably a bunch of other stuff.

I have feelings too, sir. please do not trod on them with your peasant vulgarities.

it's a chat room not a "fansite", bitch

cat-hissing9.23.jpg

Cunningham: The World Wide Web is not Hog Farm gone global. Its users are nasty, evil creatures. May be a rude awakening but I figure the sooner you know the better.

why, I don't even like the taste of wavy gravy...not even on biscuits...

but thanks for the heads up. I'll be more wary of "chat rooms" and their cliques of bastards, ruffians and shitheeled knob lickers...not that anyone here would qualify.

you folks are great. seriously.

wink.png

I'm thinking about writing an original screenplay based on events I've actually experienced, or, alternately, events I've dreamed up myself (some call it "fiction," I believe)...
You'll never make it in Hollywood with your original ideas. No one wants to see that communist shit. You know what they do to commies in Hollywood, right? Well, they don't get to work on Lethal Weapon IX: It's Killing Time, or Spiderman 15: Web Of Deceit, I can tell you that much.

As hollywood has run out of books to get their ideas from and have exhausted the endless sequels, I await the days of the blender or hybrid movies. I'm waiting for the day that they release a movie that is Pulp Fiction meets Full House. They already started it in book form with Pride & Prejudice & Zombies. Hollywood can not let a good idea get away. Hell, they can't even let a bad idea get away.

Speaking of that, it seems that many screenwriters in hollywood are now screenwriting teams (usually two young men.) Is this copying the idea that it worked for Matt Damon & Ben Affleck, so why not recreate the magic by copying the magic?

"Finally!" gasped the as yet un-named director, "we have a couple of working titles, Pussy Galore! or The Loneliness of the Long Distance Writer, but it's still up for discussion.All I can tell you at this stage is, it will be an intelligent, searing insight into the psyche of the male writer as he sits in his lonely lair making things up and typing them.All the while besieged by countless, demented women, bent on his undoing.It's going to be a smash. I cannot at this stage confirm Arnold Schwarzenegger as lead role".

News just in...Fluffy Rae, Leading Lady Live in Lover of the director tipped to play the lead role, wailed yesterday from her penthouse pad, "I just ain't doin it, I am a serious actress, Bunnykins has me freezin my ass off in that getup".

"Look it's integral to the film, her state of deshabille, in keeping with the burn your bra zeitgeist of the time. I am trying to make a serious art movie here and I do not want to alienate the women folk", retorted the tortured director from his analyst's office.

Damn!
can't find the movie-poster for 'Women' that I once posted in this joint. This would've been the moment to link to it (again).

no, zob, that's not what I've been talkin' about.
Mine included Jack Nicholson as Hank and two fine women as two fine women. It was a supposed-to-be movie-poster.

I guess this isn't the right thread, since this post doesn't deal with that new movie about Linda K. and Hank. But I didn't want to start a whole new thread just for a joke. Maybe the mods move it to any other thread of a relying subject or anything.

Whatever, how about this:

women_poster_1_small.jpg

(bigger version here.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back