• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Women - Signed on ebay!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We kind of don't really mention things listed on eBay
unless we suspect them to be forgeries, or
something along that line. The reason is that eBay is
an auction site, and maybe, just maybe, someone
has their eye on that particular item.

On the other hand, if the item is one you've listed,
then feel free to advertise.

But as a rule? We don't advertise eBay items not
our own.

Make sense?

Hey Bill, how does $210 sound? :D

Saw this earlier.

Its in very good shape (that is to say near fine, not vg) especially considering its 30 year anniversary... But it is also far out of my reach moneywise. Alas, alas, alas. All these books that are going to much more expensive if\when I ever get money...

I'll never have them all.

A couple of years ago this title was typically around $400-450 on ABE in Fine condition. Now I see only one on ABE and it's $833. Have prices for signed Bukowski books really gone up that much in 2 years? I guess I'm a little out of touch.

Well my copy of Terror Street is twice what it was two years ago. So possibly. It seems that while the rest of the economy here in the US is tanking, collectibles are going up still.

Prices on ABE don't necessarily indicate value. People can ask whatever they want, but who knows what things sell for? Even if an $833 copy of Women disappears from ABE it doesn't mean it sold for that much. Doesn't even mean it sold.

Good point, mjp! I've noticed the same thing at the independent sellers at Amazon. Prices can also vary a lot for the same item...

Last edited by a moderator:
We kind of don't really mention things listed on eBay
unless we suspect them to be forgeries, or
something along that line. The reason is that eBay is
an auction site, and maybe, just maybe, someone
has their eye on that particular item.

On the other hand, if the item is one you've listed,
then feel free to advertise.

But as a rule? We don't advertise eBay items not
our own.

Make sense?

No worries, Father Luke.

I thought the thread was also used to give people a heads up.

Noted and noted.

Don't mean to be a dick, but..wtf??
"We don't advertise eBay items not our own"?

More than half of these threads in this particular forum have been created to give everyone a 'heads-up' on what's out there on the bay.

For 'xample: How about the Dorbin Biblio book that was just up on Ebay?
I don't think that belonged to a member of this Buk site that somebody was selling, soooo...whoever created that thread for that particular book should be admonished, because they notified us of this gem?
Hmm, how about the "Complete Set NYQ #1-63 sign Updike Bukowski" thread?
The "Hot Water Music w/painting" being sold by Scott?
Then shit, I guess I've been in the wrong as well.
Sue me too.

Don't mean to be a dick, but..wtf??
"We don't advertise eBay items not our own"?

As a general rule, yeah.

More than half of these threads in this particular forum have been created to give everyone a 'heads-up' on what's out there on the bay.

For 'xample: How about the Dorbin Biblio book that was just up on Ebay?
I don't think that belonged to a member of this Buk site that somebody was selling, soooo...whoever created that thread for that particular book should be admonished, because they notified us of this gem?
Hmm, how about the "Complete Set NYQ #1-63 sign Updike Bukowski" thread?
The "Hot Water Music w/painting" being sold by Scott?
Then shit, I guess I've been in the wrong as well.
Sue me too.

The "rules" are here: https://bukowskiforum.com/announcement.php?f=3

I don't think attorneys need be involved.
However. . .

Do you see the point of not listing things ?

everyone already sees all the bukowski items on ebay. anyone who cares enough to read the buy/sell/trade forum knows all the bukowski items on ebay and is probably watching them. hence, we don't need to toss out "hey check this out" threads. nevertheless, sometimes people will bring up bizarre items, or items that are ridiculously overpriced- i see this as less of a "heads up" than a discussion of the market in general.

your antagonistic tone is unwarranted. father luke was really polite in his response (you'll know when he's not being polite, trust me), and it's been said MULTIPLE TIMES that we tend as a rule to discourage "hey look at this" threads unless they're plugs for books that one of us happens to be selling. PBBUK has done it a few times, and father luke politely explained to him the forum's policy.

you have 17 posts... give it some time before you start ranting against what you think are unjust forum policies.

oh god, okay Jordan, you have 583 posts. Maybe you should consider plugging up your mouth, because it seems like only diarrhea pours out of it whenever you have a chance to brown nose somebody.
I wasn't the one who was being antagonistic.
It seemed to me that Father Luke was the one who was being a complete sarcastic asshole to PBBUK.
And I honestly didn't think that was okay at all.

Make sense?

oh god, okay Jordan, you have 583 posts. Maybe you should consider plugging up your mouth, because it seems like only diarrhea pours out of it whenever you have a chance to brown nose somebody.
I wasn't the one who was being antagonistic.
It seemed to me that Father Luke was the one who was being a complete sarcastic asshole to PBBUK.
And I honestly didn't think that was okay at all.

Make sense?

wow, this is going well for you so far. keep up the good work!

also, you're right about me sucking up to father luke. since you've been on this forum SO LONG, you know that i have a long history of brown nosing him every chance i get. very perceptive.

Is the moon full? Hmmm ... not according to my calendar. Maybe its something in the water.

Move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back