• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Women with best painting (1 Viewer)

yeah, that certainly was a score.
However, I e-mailed the seller a few days ago asking if he/she could describe the condition of the book, since that was conveniently missing in the description.
They wrote back saying "I am not a professional book dealer, so I can't grade the condition of this book. But I would say it's in FINE cond."

uh huh

That was sold by Pamela "Cupcakes" Miller (a.k.a. Scarlet, of the Bukowski book Scarlet), if she described it as fine I'm sure it's in fine shape. But the value in those books is in the paintings, yes. Otherwise you could save $1700 and just buy a signed copy.

Thanks. Cupcakes huh...The paintings/drawings of Bukowski are fascinating to me.Interest in his art is how I found this site. I never knew he drew/painted and when I found out I searched and landed here! For any noobs that don't know it, there is a great page here that shows his art and many great photos. Thanks mjp.CRB:)

That was sold by Pamela "Cupcakes" Miller (a.k.a. Scarlet, of the Bukowski book Scarlet), if she described it as fine I'm sure it's in fine shape. But the value in those books is in the paintings, yes. Otherwise you could save $1700 and just buy a signed copy.

That's a very nice association piece of information - I think it makes it an even better item!

I agree and think that if she had identifid herself and agreed to sign it, it might have gone for even more. Isn't that an association copy? Am I crazy?

I NEVER thought that book would sell for that much in this economy. Proof, once again, that I don't know shit about the market.

I was surprised by the final bid too. Just goes to show that the economy will move up and down, but there will always be people with money to spend.

I agree and think that if she had identifid herself and agreed to sign it, it might have gone for even more. Isn't that an association copy? Am I crazy?

I NEVER thought that book would sell for that much in this economy. Proof, once again, that I don't know shit about the market.

Definitely a strong association copy - although a letter from her confirming ownership rather than signing the book would probably have been better.

Still good value for a 'painting book' compared to what people have previously paid at auction.

Maybe she saw this. She's got an auction up now that says, "Cupcakes private collection," and "This book is from the personal collection of Bukowski's former girlfriend, Pamela "Cupcakes" Miller." ;)

You even get the "For Pamela Miller" custom framing tag on the back.
That's cool.

so why is there white tape under Charles Bukowski's name in the pictures.
here
Just curious. Is it a safety thing?

That's to hide the Bukowski's San Pedro home address.

Bukowski would always write his address in the top left corner of a poem manuscript. The later ones on this site have been edited without the use of tape :)

Definitely a strong association copy - although a letter from her confirming ownership rather than signing the book would probably have been better.

Still good value for a 'painting book' compared to what people have previously paid at auction.

I dunno -- I'd rather she signed the book with her real name plus "Cupcakes" than have it in a letter. That would make it a true association copy rather than an alleged association copy with a letter claiming it's an association copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back