Wrong (find what you love and let it kill you...again) (1 Viewer)

PhillyDave

“The essential doesn't change.” Beckett
This is rhetorical. All around here seem to know better by now. Why does this quote continue to go around? Found this on the fb page "Charles Bukowski Fans". Ugh.

wrong.png

It was on Ray Donovan on Sunday night. Susan Sarandon's character said it with a straight face and much conviction. So it must be true.

It's in the interwebs AND t.v. so it must be true. And Susan hasn't shown herself to be kooky lately either!

A few years ago, I turned on my niece's boyfriend to Bukowski by offering him Back to the Machine Gun as a Christmas present. He is a cool cat, artistic, with a black crow and a Tesla tattoo peeking out of his t-shirt.
Well, a few weeks ago, he showed his new tattoo and you can guess what it was!
I then had to give him lesson number 2... :D

It was on Ray Donovan on Sunday night. Susan Sarandon's character said it with a straight face and much conviction. So it must be true.
I read that Susan is also a Trump supporter.
Fuck Louise!!!!

I'll buy one of those. Large, men's, black. Do you have any of those American style baseball t's, white with black 3/4 sleeves? I'll take one of those for the wife too.

Is there something wrong with that excerpt? Here's an example: It's the reason I found Bukowski. I believed that was a very straight forward quote, and found it to be a reflection of most things in my dreadful life. I later found who this "Charles Bukowski," character was and started reading his work. From hundreds of small poems to novels, Women, Ham on Rye, Factotum, Post Office, Hollywood, Hot Water Music, et cetera, et cetera; interviews after interviews it was a drug, and I'm an addict. I find it annoying when people extinguish young folk who might like something of Bukowski's style. I believe if Charles saw somebody wearing that shirt, he would've smirked with his squinted eyes, and said "Hey, that's quite all right."

Haha, if only I knew anything about a dead-man's perspective.

(edit): Also, remember the one quote where he said, "[Y]ou have to die a few times before you can really live."

Here's a good advice:
Here's a good rule of thumb; assume that any inspirational quote-image that you see on the Internet did not come from the mouth or the pen of person attributed. If you assume that every time, you'll be right more often than you're wrong.
source

Users who are viewing this thread

Back