You Kissed Lilly (1 Viewer)

HenryChinaski

Founding member
I'm in desperate need for this. I don't know much about it. Is it a short story? Can I buy it somewhere? Somebody please post it.

If anybody has a copy or knows where I can get my grubby little paws on it, PLZ LET ME KNOW.

Somebody please help a brotha out.

thanxkbye

I hadn't heard of it until I saw these T-shirts for sale

lilly_a.jpg
lilly_b.jpg
lilly_c.jpg

I've never seen the book tho

lol I wasn't even thinking...but then again, I never really am.

So here we go, anybody got pics or scans of the cover of this? I need to see what it looks like.

You can see that the covers are different - Bukowski did some fill-in color work on some of them to make them unique.

This is actually kind of a bullshit item. Bukowski took a few magic markers, filled in some spaces on the cover illustration and it was sold as a limited edition "with art." It's probably the biggest stretch that Black Sparrow ever did. Perhaps it was a gullibility test which I, of course, failed miserably.

Ecco has been listing LILLY as a book they have/are reprinting (buk bio at start of the Ecco stuff). I doubt it will occur. If your going to spend $300+, this wouldn't be the first on my list of WANTS. That gullibility test, I've failed at least a few times with Buk items as well... (i.e- buying the countless bios in the past few years by other poets who sort of knew or met Buk, etc....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back