Youtube clip about Facebook. (1 Viewer)

Bukfan

"The law is wrong; I am right"
I found this hilarious video clip about Facebook on Youtube called "Facebook Fever". Enjoy! :D

i bet i COULD pay you...are you afraid? it's not much different than a forum...
what's your paypal address? it's just connecting with your friends, like-minded individuals...
it doesn't have to be as gay as it seems...of course most of it is lame....

but of course the oldsters are gonna make fun...don't listen to them...they don't like change...

No, I'm not afraid. The thing is, anytime someone has told me check their facebook page, or they have been at my house browsing their page and friends pages, it all seems so fake. It seems like the purpose of it is to accumulate as many friends as you can? I see so many people that absolutely hated each other as kids, or even 5 years ago, but now they're friends on facebook? I don't know, I never got myspace either. I think a forum is pretty different, but maybe that's just me. All I really know is this rain is killing my last two days of moving!

Facebook is different from a forum, I think. On facebook it's mostly short remarks you're reading although some discussions do take place depending on which profiles you're visiting.
As for the friends thing, some people apparently love to get as many friends as possible. I've often received friendship requests from people I've never talked to. The only thing I've had in common with them is being a member of the same Facebook fan site, for instance some rock group's fan site. I usually ignore such friendship requests but it does seem like some people can't get enough "friends", like it's some sorta competition to see who's got the most "friends".

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes bukfan, that is exactly how I felt when browsing people I knew. The circle of friends I grew up with, girls I dated etc, we all had enemies, people we'd never be caught dead talking to. In the enemies defense, they hated us even more, we were the nerds, the outcasts, but now everyone is everyones friend, so I just stay away.

"Richard is cutting his toenails and thinking of Robert Pattinson"

Who gives a flying fuck in dead monkey's ass?!

I was begged by friends to get on to Facebook so that "we can stay in touch".

The only thing that I'm in touch with is the unbelievably bad spelling and grammar displayed by the morons and halfwits who inhabit the virtual sheltered workshop that is Facebook. People who don't know the difference between now, no and know... their, they're and there... and who are too lazy to look it up.

Friends? - who the fuck are these people anyway - ex-work colleagues, old flames, jettisoned acquaintances? These little status updates are a constant reminder as to why we don't really stay in touch with these people.

It's a complete waste of time. Like reading this rant.

The only thing that I'm in touch with is the unbelievably bad spelling and grammar displayed by the morons and halfwits who inhabit the virtual sheltered workshop that is Facebook. People who don't know the difference between now, no and know... their, they're and there... and who are too lazy to look it up.

Your rant should be posted on Facebook! :D Maybe I'll post this part here if it's okay with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard is cutting his toenails on twitter.

The bad spelling is probably because spell check doesn't work on Face book.

Oh, and I am friends with Linda King, The Hurders, Chance Press, Father Luke and several people on here. It is a lot of work to keep up with all of the things going on in your Face book. Well named, in your face. When mjp joins we will know the world is getting ready to end.
He should join just so the fanatical Christians will think he's the other Michael Phillips. That would rock there world.

[...]

Oh man ROC, you absolutely single handedly made my St. Patty's Day! And here I thought, drinking alone, smoking cigarettes and spending 4 hours on some odd art project were a waste of a St. Patty's day, but you have reassured my faith in humanity with that post! Perfectly and well said! Cheers to you ROC!

1887386592_dc99653e7b.png

Cheers to you broham. Have bottle of wine on me.

St Pats day huh? Can you believe it? We (the O'Carroll clan) come from Tipperary, and I forgot to ring my dad.

Bugger.

facebook is just like any other social media: use it how you will, and don't blame others for that. there is this amazing thing on facebook, it's called 'block'. it means you can block certain people from finding you. there is this other really great thing called 'ignore'. when you get a friend request, or any other type of request that you're not interested in you can ignore it. pretty revolutionary stuff. shit, you can even registered under a fake name if you're concerned about a ton of people finding you that you don't want to feel impolite about denying friend requests from.

there is nothing wrong with facebook. it's just some of the people who use it.

i wish i could go hang out with my friends at the drop of a hat, but i can't, because i live half a world away from most of them and a few hundred milies from some of them. facebook is the next best thing, because it allows us to 'virtually' hang out: we can catch up, share photos, share news, share cool stuff we found online. and we can do it all together, rather than me sending out 20 individual emails each time i want to share something.

i know i sound like i'm being paid for some kind of endorsement, but it just rubs me the wrong way when people get all blanket-statement about things like this.

and don't get me started on myspace - you all know that it was thanks to a crazy white supremacist on there that jordan and i are now happily married.

..cut to the good part....and don't get me started on myspace - you all know that it was thanks to a crazy white supremacist on there that jordan and i are now happily married.

That's funny,I never took you two as anything in the way of racists. Of course only out of context.

I haven't joined Facebook for two reasons:

1. Everybody is into it and I instinctively push away those types of things. You might think that makes me cranky and old, but I assure you, it's my failing eyesight and arthritic knees that make me cranky and old.

2. I happened to join Twitter first and I now realize that I just wouldn't have the time for both of them.

Does anyone here use both Facebook and Twitter ?

I don't even use my Facebook account. The owner of a poetry site I contributed to offered me to join Facebook and I did because I was totally bored. I've forgotten the password, haha. Do they delete an account when it's not used for a year or more? I hope so- Facebook is not for me.

Again, sorry to bring up an old thread/facebook, but Jesus H. Christ, did anyone see the latest episode of South Park? WOW, maybe one of my favorite South Park episodes ever! I knew facebook was evil!

I don't think there's anything wrong with facebook besides the fact some people update their "status" every 5 seconds.

"Eating some cereal"
"Going out with the dog"
"Taking a dump"

Honestly, who gives a shit? Why would you want to inform the whole world about every facet of their day? People should just live their lives and not involve other people who barely know them into their everyday shenanigans. I have facebook and about 50% of people who add me as a "friend" have said about 3 lines to me my whole life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back