1984 Montreal Gazette review of Hot Water Music (1 Viewer)

Digney in Burnaby

donkeys live a long time
Stumbled across this review (the Mina E. Mina thing mentioned in the review I vaguely remember, so I included the ad from 1983):

montreal gazette feb 4 1984.JPG montreal gazette oct 1 1983.JPG

Pre New York engagement...Does that mean it went to New York?

That's funny to think they have shows like that. Do they still have those innovative and new theatrical events? That was considered an adventure in performance and music. That would be something I'd see at least once.

Thank you D in B...

Thank you, Digney. The yellow text marker is just to remember who's it about.

The yellow (and blue) junk is something Google throws in. Can't just save the page (or article). You have to take a screen shot, past it into Paint, sometimes takes more than one screen shot. For some articles I've had to do six. Don't tell me I don't know how to waste time. :D

There is a way to get those images without screenshots, but it's almost as tedious as a screenshot (view page source - it's in there, along with a hundred other images). Either way, bravo.

I'll have to figure that out someday. My limited skills got me to where I am today.:p

But, wait, there's more. Two L.A. readings in November, 1973? I don't see them in the timeline. Doesn't mean they aren't on a list somewhere. But, here's the link.

And what it says (I would have to pay $$$ for ProQuest and I'm not about to do that yet, or head off across town for the L.A. Times on microfilm):

Pay-Per-View - Los Angeles Times - ProQuest Archiver - Nov 18, 1973
Distinguished American. poet Charles Bukowski read from his works in a free public lecture at UCLA at 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 20, in the university s Sunset ...

Pay-Per-View - Los Angeles Times - ProQuest Archiver - Nov 11, 1973
Charles Bukowski, a poet, will give a reading of his work on Wednesday, Nov. 14, at 2:30 p.m. in the Forum Theater at Moor- park College.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back