3 uncollected poems: AVALANCHE 1 (1966) (1 Viewer)

Jason

Founding member
A Conversation on Morality, Eternity and Copulation
For the Girl Standing Outside my Window
A Kind of Lecture on a Dull Day When There Isn't Even a Fly Around to Kill

AVALANCHE 1, edited by Richard Krech
Berkeley: Undermine Press, 1966
First edition, stapled wrappers, 5.5" x 8.5", [44 pages], [500 copies].

avalanche1a.jpg

avalanche1b.jpg

avalanche1c.jpg

A Conversation... and A Kind... are very strong ones! Not such a fan of the second one though. It's good but the ones where Bukowski goes a little "child's play" with his typer I always find of lesser quality. Love the more serious ones. Who cares.

Thanks Jason!

For The Girl Standing Outside My Window
that one reminded me of Hooch's,
not because of the girl ;)
but the re-reading of words...

Really like A Kind of Lecture.... - life ruled by its small conditions. No grand scheme, bad days make the good days better. Thanks for posting!

Nice.
Thanks.
A version of that third one appears in The Roominghouse Madrigals though,
with the word "shit" in the first and next to last line replaced by "kid".
Another John Martin Special?

Bottle of Smoke Press has done one full book with Richard Krech, one little booklet and a bunch of broadsides. In a month or two, we will release a full bibliography of the works of Richard Krech compiled by Jason Davis. It is a very complete biblio of all books, mags, also all mags and books published under his Undermine Press and Noh Directions Press imprints. Stay tuned.

Bill

Thanks Jason. I thoroughly enjoyed Conversation on Morality, Eternity and Copulation and A Kind of Lecture on a Dull Day When There Isn't Even a Fly Around to Kill, thought For the Girl Standing Outside my Window was okay but not up to the standards of his published works.

Cheers, for posting,

Gregor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back