A Thesis Show in Claremont Ca (1 Viewer)

Gerard K H Love

Appreciate your friends
Yes this has very little to do with Bukowski except the artist does like to read, drink and chase women- I don't think he ever mowed the lawn nor received a beating.
From November 9th thru the 13th 10a.m. to 5 p.m. Michael Haight is having his Master Thesis show in Claremont at the Peggy Phelps Gallery ( 251 E.10th St., Claremont,CA 91711 ) It is titled I am a Race. A reception will be held Nov 10th 6 to 9 p.m. so if you are in southern California you could stop by and check it out. You never know what to expect at these shows and they always push the envelope on the whole what is art debate so it can be fun.

The only reason this is a thread is because some interested parties don't check their P.O. box often enough. How could a Bukowski fan manage to neglect their P.O. box? You don't want to miss this one.

Yes this has very little to do with Bukowski except the artist does like to read, drink and chase women- I don't think he ever mowed the lawn nor received a beating.

You mean you were never looking for that one blade of grass sticking up, Gerard?

Congrats to Michael. Sounds fine.

It's good to know that my American nephew is doing ok, uncle Gerard.
Perhaps it's time to read another letter together to uncle Heini. What do you think?

Tomorrow night at 6:00 p.m. in Claremont CA.

I just learned that for drinks they will be serving beer in tall cans and about 7:30 the taco cart will pull up out front. That sounds strange but it's a very Southern California dinner. I hope some of you can make it and crush some empty cans.

GKHL - I'll see your taco cart and raise you one elotes cart, my friend.

And God yes - A couple cold ones in SoCal would do wonders for me right now.

Best to your son with his show.

In a few weeks there should be a video of the show, at least my son's work and his speech about it.
I walked in and had a 24 oz. of Michelob Ultra. They had Old English 800, Colt 45, Budweiser with Clamato and with lime. Just about everything in 24 oz. cans. For the wine drinkers (winos) Thunderbird and something red with a twist off lid.
As for the art, we need to see the video-a little speech about what is art, what do we like to look at and even Scientology.

Here's links you to part 2. It is interesting because not only does he bring up why he chose to study art but he discusses literature a little in part 2. I am of course the guy who asked the inappropriate question at the end. Notice the beer cans wrapped in brown bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back