• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

advice on selling a Manuscript? (1 Viewer)

I have a manuscript I bought years back from Scott @ Abandoned Planet. (round trip for T.H.)

I never thought I'd sell it, but I'm moving overseas so it's time to part with a few things. So, I figure i'll ask the pros... (I also have a whole collection of Buk's books, but I wrote in them / drew in them ehhh... so not sure if anyone would really even want them...)

So. Is Ebay the best way to go? I dont even really know what to start at. Obviously, I got it a good price, there was a TON of them up there at the time.

The ironic thing is I was going to just mail it to a friend as a little gift but then thought...mm... how good ($$) of a friend am I being? :cool: :p:cool:

He's not that good of a friend. I think i'll send him a T-shirt... LOL.

So. Advice on selling this is welcome. I have the receipt from Scott, even the original prioritiy mail envelope scott sent it in.....

How much for the books?
I've write in mine underline highlight all the time.
I think its cool seeing what people like to underline highlight etc..
As much as I think it would be good for me to have them I still think you should wait for advice from the listers and if you still want to part with the whole Buk collection PM me a price-but again-seek advice from the list before making an offer to me or anyon else.
There are more qualified people to discuss ebay.

kelly,
Round Trip for TH is a poem from 1972. Those were not very expensive back in the day, but I would think that you could get some decent money on ebay or on this very board. What price were you looking for on this?

Is this the one that is listed on this site under manuscripts?

Bill

Yeah, that's it: https://web.archive.org/web/2020/ht...mwood Review Vol. 15 No. 1 Issue 57&onpage=40

Manuscripts from the same era, of the same quality have sold for over $1500 in the past, but the market has softened considerably since those days. I wouldn't sell it for less than $500 though. Actually, at this point I wouldn't sell it. You rarely see pre-1971 poems being sold anymore, so 1972 is early. If you can make space for it (come on, it's a piece of paper), you should keep it.

But then again, giving it away has a certain appeal. So if your friend doesn't want it, send it to me:

Michael Phillips
839 S. Beacon St. #1030
San Pedro, CA 90733

Never mind what these other people say. They don't have your best interests at heart like I do.

Thanks for the honest advice. I'll have to think about it few and I'll let you know what I decide...

Michael, very funny. : P

Books by BSP:
Hot Water Music
The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses over the hills..
Ham on Rye
Bone Palace Ballet
Living on Luck V2.
The Last Night of the Earth Poems
Septuagenarian Stew
Women

City Lights : Notes of a Dirty Old Man

Grove Press: Locked in the Arms of a Crazy Life..

but as I said, most of them have marks, notes and one has a coffee stain ; )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back