Along The Knife's Edge... (1 Viewer)

read, submit, ignore.

non-fiction essays, insane rants, real life excerpts. no poems, but poetic language is encouraged. bring the heat/humor/political/social/satire, etc.

this is an experiment with few expectations other than words for consumption and thoughtful reflection. we'll see what happens.

alongtheknifesedge[at]gmail[dot]com

Hilarious letter to the Magic Hat Brewing Company! Enjoyed it immensely. And now we have ... what? The fucking Tampa Bay Rays in the series? Shoot me.

Okay, I'll bookmark that page. It made me chuckle and laugh a few times and I'm a slow reader. Thank you again.
and CarversDog, That's Tampa Bay Devil Rays, as in the deal they made.

The essay from Father Luke was very funny. Now I know that I'll never be a trucker...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
excellent story, Father Luke.

i'm looking forward to hearing more about you being on the road.

i hope there will be more to come.

also looking forward to reading more of Along the Knife's Edge

jesus christ...i just read Father's essay/story thing. god damn.

the guy who delivers our food at the resataurant is convinced i'm not making enough and would do better getting my CDL and driving a truck for a living. i was already leaning away from the idea, but after reading what i just read FUCK THAT SHIT. i may not make a shitload per day, but i feel freer than Father in that story.

"get up out of bed boy, and clean up your cell" comes from a song and sounds about right in that story, Father. i think i'll print that up and when dude asks me if i've thought about it, i'll say, "read this shit fucker! i don't need no toe-thumb hybrid!"

still, thank god we have truckers. obviously, i don't wanna do that for a living, and if someone is willing then i will pay them and praise them.

amen, and all that cal.

Getting a job that pays more money only solves the kind of problems that more money can solve.

& everyone knows it can't solve the real problems.

Thanks for reading, & for the kind words. At ATKE we are trying to pile up both serious & fun stuff. Not much call for Gonzo journalism or Literary opinion in the micropress & that's a shame...so we hope to change that a bit.

We've asked a handful of our favorites to send us something well-rendered. We'll be asking more people soon. We want to get a whole bunch of stuff down for you voracious readers out there...plus it'll help to give you all some idea about the editorial voice we're shooting for. Think of the pieces as a collected whole, as opposed to one over another. Perhaps the new material will slow down once we get a decent stockpile/archive, but for now it's fast & loose.

More HARPER'S than THE ONION...with elements of both. Think Henry Miller or Joan Didion essays...Hunter S. Thompson reporting...more true than untrue, & we'll probably go in for literary opinion. Art, culture, politics, etc as somehow reflected (actually or metaphorically) in your everyday life. We want well-crafted pieces about things the writer cares deeply about, written as well as they can write them. Not necessarily literary, but always from the writer's truest heart. Also: throw in some dynamite lines.

That's what will work for us. Just as all that's posted worked for us. Hope you enjoy it.

Getting a job that pays more money only solves the kind of problems that more money can solve.
Most of the time getting a job that pays more money doesn't even solve problems money can solve. It just dogpiles fresh new problems on top of the problems you already had.

I used to hear people say that years ago and I thought, "Whaa, whaa, whaa - stop whining and give me some of that money, I know it will solve my problems!" but I see now that just isn't the case. Not as far as the relatively small amounts of money I'm thinking of are concerned (making 20 or 30k more than you used to).

Now if someone dropped 20 or 30 million on you, yeah, that would introduce some complex problems, but probably solve most of your pre-existing problems. Most people are willing to opt into that trade-off. But making 20 or 30 million dollars is -- well, it's difficult, so most of us don't have to worry about it.

---

Onward ATKE, is what I meant to say!

Most of the time getting a job that pays more money doesn't even solve problems money can solve. It just dogpiles fresh new problems on top of the problems you already had.
Yeah...that's right. The difference isn't in problems solved as much as the SIZE of the steaming pile of shit...

Well said, sir, well said.

Jordan Hurder you're a good ol' boy!

Having been robbed a couple times myself I can relate. It was nice to laugh about, although it wasn't funny at the time. I wonder how much Mexican black tar heroine they got for that alarm clock?

....and very quietly while we pay attention to the football games, the world series or listen to the sickening news, Father Luke has a new piece on Along the Knife's Edge.

New stuff every few days...including some essay/opinion on the election.

Again: we'd love to hear from you--send us something you've always felt compelled to write about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back