Amazon? You call that the small press? (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
In my endless bid to control all of the Internet I've shifted my focus to my everyone's Amazon author page.

http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Phillips/e/B009HDR8OM/
http://www.amazon.com/Hosho-McCreesh/e/B005AONLX4/

Look how sad those "like" buttons are up in the right corner there. You have an Amazon account - even if you hate them - so why not click those fuckers for me. I'll do it for you.

I know, Amazon is THE BORG, the beast, the enemy of little bookstores everywhere. But I'm small press all the way, yo, and I use the beast to get my small press stuff into the hands of people who wouldn't find it on my site or a publisher's site.

So in that bid to control the Internet that I mentioned, I recently got my hands on some good methods to juice up my visibility on Amazon, methods I learned from someone who knows what they're talking about. As I implement them I'll share them all with you here. WE SHALL ALL RISE! Or something.

Anyway, step one: hit that like button and then post the link to yours. The number of likes your author page has affects your rankings in search on Amazon.

Last edited:
I clicked on that Like button and nothing happened - it still says 0 likes (even after Ctrl + F5).
And yes, I was logged in.
wondering.gif

Edit: Now it says 1 like. I don't know if that was me or someone else. :p

Last edited:
Added the link to Hosh's page to the first post. If anyone else wants in we'll have them all in one place.

Donny Valdez is welcome to share in this if he chooses.

But you realize that he's probably way too gangsta to do anything as mundane as tweaking something on the Internet. Dude, he's barely on the Internet. Where he lives, the reception isn't so good. They don't even have phones. Just Mason jars pressed against the wall. You put your ear up to that and you can hear almost anything.

Am I nuts?

The pages changed...the "like" button is gone? Or was that the plan all along...

EDIT: Um...now it's back...

Last edited:
Has something to do with it becoming an Amazon Smile account as best as I can tell. It was fun while it lasted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back