Anyone in a corporate job? (2 Viewers)

anyone here work 9 to 5 in a proper office? i do. its boring. i get back and neckaches. sometimes i work 12 hours a day. and i dont even get paid that well.

I gave up working for the man. Now I just sit back and watch the checks roll in from this web site. I'm making a better living off Bukowski than Bukowski ever did. Ha ha ha, ho ho ho, every time you click, I get richer, suckers!

I gave up working for the man. Now I just sit back and watch the checks roll in from this web site. I'm making a better living off Bukowski than Bukowski ever did. Ha ha ha, ho ho ho, every time you click, I get richer, suckers!

It's well worth it--still the best place around.

keep up the good work, JP! :cool:

I'm in an office four days a week, 8 to 5. It used to be five days a week but now I'm (Ha!) "retired." Maybe when I finally kick the bucket, I'll get by with three days a week.

I do work for a corporate bookstore, but I'm not on a 9-5 schedule. I've had worse jobs in some ways, better in others... I don't get paid that well either, but... I'm glad to be working and doing something that I (mostly) enjoy.

I could be washing dishes. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I do and it's the death.

But there is a plan. There would be no light at the end of the tunnel without a plan.

We just bought our eleventh house and the rest are tenanted and yeah that sounds kind of a big deal but it means we control about 4.5 million dollars worth of property and owe about 4.2 million.

And that's just scary.

dollars - dollwhores - dullhours - yep.

ha! and that's in your silly little australian dollars.

i have an office job (in fact, i'm there right now, working on the weekend, which is a huge drag if you're on salary), and i don't hate it all of the time. sometimes it involves solving interesting problems, and i find it something approaching enjoyable. other times (like this weekend) it sucks nuts.

I'm very fortunate to have an office job that I love. I am salary and I have to average 44 hours a week, but I have flex time and the ability to work at home when needed/preferred. But like Jordan, sometimes I need to put in extra hours to get done what needs to be done with no extra pay.

However, nothing much else could provide the scientific stimulus and satisfaction I get from my job. I give it a 9.5/10. Somewhere there might be something better in my line, but I doubt I could ever find it if it did exist.

My office is in my basement, although I don;'t spend much time there. Out of 40 hours a week, I spend about 12 driving, 8 in my office and 20 in my customers shops all over the area.

I will say one thing. Being out on the road makes the days and weeks FLY...

Bill

I work the same job crunching the same numbers (in different combinations) in the same office everyday with the same people and I would die without a CD player to pass the afternoon/evening hours.

I wish I was kidding.

*Not that miserable actually and it beats Lower Wacker

I can no longer resist posting to this thread, prepare to hate me (more if you already do).

Every morning I take a 10 minute bike ride to the ocean, do some soul-searching / sanity-keeping stretches on the beach,

jump in the water

(and yes I've even frolicked with a dolphin once)

dry off and walk up the stairs to my concession building

and start the coffee and "make the donuts".

No health plan, no retirement plan, no 401K

but it ain't bad

(and I've got a ridiculous tan).

Really now, you guys who are disgruntled should get jobs at internet companies!

The pay is good and you can be as weird and disagreeable as you want to be. Come and go as you please, gorge yourself on thousands of empty-calorie snacks, drink up gallons of free coffee, or Coke if you don't value your teeth.

And if the office gets you down; "Hmm, I feel grumpy today, I think I'll work from home...on the couch with my laptop and a tumbler of spirits..."

Really, I quite recommend it for those who find themselves horribly out of place and unwanted in real companies. Just find a geek somewhere and tell him (it's always a him) to hook you up. You won't be sorry.

Well, belongs here in this thread.
I have two jobs that are commission only and no is buying yet. Next week I get to drive one and a half hours to work 8 hours and drive back. I am thankful for the jobs.

Up til a couple of years ago I worked in corporate environments (about 25 years worth). Applied for a transfer when the politics, political correctness, discrimination and other sundry things that drive you mental, got too much. I now travel the country putting up, ripping down, and refurbishing our branches. The work can be pretty hard at times but wtf, no more arseholes in ties to have to deal with

Well, belongs here in this thread.
I have two jobs that are commission only and no is buying yet. Next week I get to drive one and a half hours to work 8 hours and drive back. I am thankful for the jobs.

The job that was starting next Monday, I just declined. It would have been for eight weeks. I'm staying with the real full time job and I'm not too excited about the weekend job anymore.
I had a corporate job for a year and although it had it's many good sides it was a charade. The new thing is company shirts without ties or jackets. Somehow they have finally figured out that suits and ties are not making anyone more successful.
Let's play some golf and do lunch and cocktails and dinner at the club.:cool:

that lilly allen song is damn good.

i'm working saturday out here.

really envy zoom man who gets to take a dip in the sea evey day. i have to travel an hour to get to the nearest beach.

It doesn't need to be corporate to be weird. Try government. The public perception is that civil servants stand around drinking coffee all day talking about our next vacation. The reality -- for me anyway - is high pressure, too much work, too many unreasonable demands, horrific office politics, no respect from anyone, below market pay, and the world bitches about what benefits we do get. Everyone hates a government worker.

I worked for the government about 20 years ago. During an average day there'd be about 4 hours' work then you rang your friends or went for 3 hour lunches. After several years the boredom was driving me insane so I left. I'm sure the culture has changed since then but the stigma of working for the government remains

No , I still get enough from a 9 to 5 job . Search my work as I like to do . Most time construction work .
I was working for an health insurance sheme in the 80`s for six years , that`s enough with
hierarchy and mobbing in an office .

Maybe it's just my specific job and not all government work, but I work like a maniac, never enough time. Some days I skip breaks, take short lunchs, trying to meet all the demands. Years ago, in a different govt job, I had long stretches of down time. That was nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back