Audio: Interview with Kristin Asbjørnsen (Factotum Film Soundtrack) (1 Viewer)

hank solo

Just practicin' steps and keepin' outta the fights
Reaper Crew
Founding member
Is anyone interested in smokey voiced Norwegian jazz singers and how they reinterpret Bukowski's poems for the soundtrack to a movie adaptation of one of his novels?

Also features Bukowski reading his poem 'The Poetry Reading' which I think is taken from The Run With The Hunted session.
Not sure how long this will be online. Its a Real Audio programme, 53 minutes in total.

http://wpr.org/book/070610a.html

Pulp Fiction - Author! Author! Great Writers on Great Books from Wisconsin Public Radio

Violence, crime, destitution. No so much fun in real life, but in literature they can be divine. In this hour of To the Best of Our Knowledge we'll dive into the world of pulp fiction. From the classic noir novel "The Postman Always Rings Twice" to the gritty under-belly of Nelson Algren's Chicago. Also, the ground-breaking graphic novels of Chris Ware. And the wintry paranoia of one of the fastest-growing new genres: Scandinavian Crime Fiction.

SEGMENT 1:

Nelson Algren reads from his book "Chicago, City on the Make." And, Studs Terkel tells Steve Paulson why his friend Nelson Algren is one of America's great literary secrets. Among Turkel's latest books is "Hope Dies Last." Also, Neda Ulaby, NPR reporter and cultural critic, talks with Jim Fleming about the film adaptation of Laurence Sterne's "Tristram Shandy." The movie is called "Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story." And, musician John Wesley Harding (AKA novelist Wesley Stace) tells Jim what the original novel is all about.

SEGMENT 2:

Novelist Tom Wolfe ("The Right Stuff," "Bonfire of the Vanities") reads the opening to James M. Cain's "The Postman Always Rings Twice." Also, Steve Paulson reports on the new genre of Scandinavian crime fiction and we hear a reading from Karin Fossum's "He Who Fears the Wolf." And, graphic novelist Chris Ware talks with Anne Strainchamps about the hard work of making comic books. Ware is the author of "Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth.

SEGMENT 3:

Charles Bukowski reads his poem, "The Poetry Reading." Then, Kristen Asbjornsen speaks with Jim Fleming from her home in Norway and explains how she set Bukowski's poems to music. And we hear the results.

Listen with Real Player

i'll probably skip this. I'm not really concerned with what Bukowski means to Kristen Asbjornsen and her smoky voice. I would rather they interviewed someone like Chronic, Cirerita, mjp or Hank Solo.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back