Barfly on YouTube (1 Viewer)

Cool! I wonder how long it'll be on Youtube before it's removed due to copyright violations. So, if some of you does'nt have it on DVD you better download it while it's still there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[...] I wonder how long it'll be on Youtube before it's removed [...]
In Germany you can't see it anyway. For the usual reason: The GEMA just causes them to block it for containing music, they have the rights to.

youtube-GEMA_videoblock.JPG

Why don't you just download it to your computer (together with "Factotum")? That way you don't have to worry about it getting removed from Youtube. Personally, I prefer watching it on DVD on my TV.

i wasn't really worried about myself being able to see the film...i was exaggerating...just those that don't have access to see it initially...also, it isn't really a big screen movie, so i'm fine with watching it on my monitor (20 inches)

and btw, Factotum is on netflix...so, no need to dl it... if you subscribe

it isn't really a big screen movie...
It isn't? That's news to me.

One of the most pitiful side effects of the advance of technology, ironically, is that a whole generation has sprung up who don't give a shit about the quality of what goes into their eyes and ears.

Watching a movie on a computer (or worse, on YouTube) or listening to music from your computer or phone is kind of like putting on a dozen condoms and fucking a cold, mushy cantaloupe. You might get off eventually, but it's a sad imitation of the real thing.

That's my new name for the Internet in general: A Sad Imitation of the Real Thing, or ASIRT. You can tweet that if you put a hashtag in front of it.

#asirt #ftw #getoffmylawn

That's my new name for the Internet in general: A Sad Imitation of the Real Thing, or ASIRT.

said the webmaster. The internet is okay for plenty of things. The principle of the post makes sense but with this kind of rant, where is the beginning? Should we just go back to the primitive art forms - totem poles, basketry, blankets, feathery headresses, cave drawings, story telling, and decorating graves?

To me the difference between live music and ANY recorded music is more important than the difference between recorded music on cd and recorded music at 320 kbps. Vinyl is somewhere in between cd and the live experience, but still a long way from live. And as for movies, well movies are movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back