• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Bargains on ebay!!!! (1 Viewer)

I think a***a has secured 2 great bargains in the last week on ebay.

A fine copy of It Catches for $562.69.

And then today - bargain of the year - a fine copy of Barfly - also signed by Rourke, Dunaway and Schroeder (only 140 made) for $276.69.

In my opinion, they are great buys and a massive reduction to what you would have expected to pay 12 months ago.

If he is on the site - well done.

Yes, the economy is bad. There were two other copies of Barfly 1/140 on ebay at the time. I seem to think that they were $500 and $850, so no surprise that a third one with a low starting price would sell so low.

People need to pay their rent.

Bill

Easily, bargain of the year, for me, would have to be picking up a signed and #'d copy of Post Office on Amazon from a seller who said he bought it 38 years ago, and never even opened it up, hence, he never noticed that it was signed.
I snagged it after he described the design of the spine cloth to me. "it has stars.."

I picked it up for $24.
It's in a lot better condition than the one that's currently on eBay right now, too.
....alright, I'm done.

True story.

As a 'rule of thumb' I never buy anything on Amazon.
But one night I randomly decided to check to see what was on there, in regards to Buk stuff.
This particular seller that I bought the hard cover from, listed his copy under soft covers.
I've seen this happen more than once too.
Needless to say, it was a done deal when he described the physicality of the book for me.

I don't think I'm going to be that lucky ever again.
Unless, the seller finds that other "..book of poems by him from the late 60s" that is somewhere within his library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back