beatles/rock memorabilia auction... (1 Viewer)

Don't forget to add the 20% "buyer's premium." So the final bid of $183,540 was really $220,248. A cool $36,708 for the hard-working auction house (plus the "seller's fees," which they won't even list publicly, so you can only imagine what they are).

Did I overpay again? I get so caught up in the moment...

And in a related post Rutherford Chang has been cataloging and creating a collection of as many "White Albums" as humanly possible. Check it out: http://www.sonicyouth.com/symu/lee/2013/02/10/we-buy-white-albums/

I said i'd register my 3 White Albums but never got my lazy ass around to it. Maybe tonight. :- I have an original in crap condition, a later pressing in okay condition, and a 70's re-ish in great condition w/ poster and glossy photos. The original my folks have w/ the poster always made me scratch my head as a little kid with those naked scribblings of John & Yoko and (if memory serves me) a pic of John in the tub.

Last edited by a moderator:
And in a related post Rutherford Chang has been cataloging and creating a collection of as many "White Albums" as humanly possible.
Wow; I thought I was a Beatle's geek (wait, I still am)! We have six copies of the White Album in our house. I should probably ask my dog if he has one stashed away somewhere. I have an orange-label Capitol release I bought in about '77, my wife and I each have a copy of the CD released in the late '80s, then there's the remastered stereo and mono versions from 2009. But the best one is a '90s German import on the Apple label cut on 12" white vinyl. 8-))

Well, you got me there PS. But I guess I have 4 copies if I include the stereo cd re-ish from a few years ago.

If only they would sell the mono versions individually. I would like to hear the White Album and Sgt Pepper in mono.

I´m sure you're right and $170 does´nt sound too bad. I believe they cost over $200 when they came out.
So far, I´ve bought 7 of the remastered stereo versions so I still need to buy the rest of those too.
As for the White Album in mono, it seems to be a mixed blessing with some songs sounding better in mono and some who does´nt. I guess one should have both the mono and the stereo version.
Here's a review of the White Album in mono:

http://www.thewhitealbumproject.com/the-album/mono-vs-stereo/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back