Best movie moments (3 Viewers)

[This video is unavailable.]
[This video is unavailable.]

It wasn't until I decided to post these that I discovered they share the same director - Sydney Lumet.

Thanks, hank solo and mjp! The trailer sure looked great, and I read on Amazon that some of the people behind "The Sopranos" are also behind "Boardwalk Empire", and I love "The Sopranos". Same thing with Steve Buscemi. He was in "The Sopranos" too, and did a great job of it.
The series will probably hit the TV screens over here sooner or later, but I think I'll go buy the first season on DVD instead of having to wait. Besides, I'll probably end up buying all the seasons on DVD anyway, just like I did with "The Sopranos".
What can I say? I just love great gangster movies and TV series. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
BedevilledBD-2D.jpg

Last great film I've seen.

Roger Corman's 87th birthday today. King of the drive-in movies. The opening sequence to The Wild Angels featuring Peter Fonda and Venice, CA and those oil pumps out toward (as my memory recalls it) Long Beach.

Great Davie Allen and the Arrows tune as well.

Still makes me laugh; part written, directed and produced by Peter Bogdanovich, kind of a homage to earlier screwball comedies.
So ... a nice bit of violence, aggression and comedy for a Sunday afternoon:

You'd never get away with making a film like that these days.
You couldn't make any film from the 70s today. There was a documentary on HBO recently called Casting By (maybe you can still get it on demand) it's about a couple of early, really influential casting agents, one in New York one in Hollywood. In them telling their stories you get a really clear picture of why film became so great in the 60s and 70s and why it is so lifeless now. Worth watching.

The very beautiful Madeline Kahn starred in both What's Up Doc (as the frumpy Eunice; deranged fiance of Howard, who eventually finds her true love) and in Blazing Saddles as Lily Von Shtupp, bit of a cliched role, but what a terrific actress and comedienne, bit like Judy Holliday.

Watched this film last night again, can't hear the name Fassbender without laughing (not that I hear it often) a bit like Snodgrass, it's just one of those names.Anyway to beautiful ladies, comic capers and falling in love - with them all!

Last edited:
I will forever love "Dog Day Afternoon" because it was the first R-rated film I ever paid(passed for 17) my way into.... but also just a great screenplay with classic performances.
Al Pacino, John Cazale, Charles Durning, Chris Sarandon,.. and the great director Sidnet Lumet, unafraid to be both funny and dark.

I will forever love "Dog Day Afternoon" because it was the first R-rated film I ever paid(passed for 17) my way into.... but also just a great screenplay with classic performances.
Al Pacino, John Cazale..].
I'm still happily on a seventies films extravaganza. Perhaps this has been shown already, if not it's quite interesting to watch, difficult to imagine any other actor as Michael:

I love this film, both Tony Curtis and Burt Lancaster are great, but Burt Lancaster plays his part, supposedly based on Walter Winchell, so full of spiteful malevolence and manipulation, it just reminds me of J. E Hoover, he would have been fantastic playing him.Also reminds me of the novel by Budd Schulberg What makes Sammy Run? [1941]

Last edited:
That is so weird! after watching your clip of Cape Fear, I watched a bit of the original, I don't know which one I prefer, but I was trying to remember, this film and the name of it, couldn't remember if it was Robert Mitchum or Joseph Cotton, or what the name was. but Robert Mitchum does a really good bad guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back