Best movie moments (7 Viewers)

i heard they had another song originally for that scene, maybe "Jive Talkin'"? but Travolta was able to suggest "Stayin' Alive" because it fit his walk/jaunt down the street better.

At first I thought this is funny. Then I noticed the grinning guy with the big white teeth who's handing the spanking-tool, the candy eating kids watching, the guy yelling: "My father would be proud of you!", all the grinning bystanders. I mean, wtf?

The Duke showing his pimp hand. Slightly sexual overtones in this one.

I watched this yesterday. It's all about Liv Tyler getting fucked while living in a very beautiful Italian landscape. It seems very important that Liv Tyler will get fucked, finally. Many try, only one can succeed. The landscape is very beautiful. It goes on and on. Not much else is going on, plot-wise.

I thought, now who makes senseless shit like this. Today I found out: It was Bernardo Bertolucci.

They should make that movie with a really plain looking girl with a normal human body weight and features. Then when the character says so emotionally, "She's searching for something!" Everyone else will say, "Who cares?"

Anyway, plenty of other famous directors have made plenty of movies that are nothing more than excuses to photograph some budding young nymph and get us to pay to watch it. Woody Allen based an entire career on it. Roman Polanski. There was a movie in the early 80s, Stay as you are, that was about the stupidest thing you've even seen, but it had a teenage Nastassja Kinski in full bloom and fully naked much of the time so it was seen as an art film. (Being interested in art I will admit I watched it half a dozen times. You know, for the art.)

I think we'll always have those, as long as old men keep making movies and the universe keeps churning out young girls.

the heart wants what it wants, as well as other body parts...

btw - that's a great review, johannes. actually almost makes me want to watch it:

"It's all about Liv Tyler getting fucked while living in a very beautiful Italian landscape. It seems very important that Liv Tyler will get fucked, finally. Many try, only one can succeed. The landscape is very beautiful. It goes on and on. Not much else is going on, plot-wise."

Last edited:
Thank you, that's what reviews are for, aren't they :wb:

I think we'll always have those, as long as old men keep making movies and the universe keeps churning out young girls.
That's true and I think it's very alright as long as it's well done or at least makes some sense, somehow. But Stealing Beauty is simply cheesy shit. Lolita would be a good example for that, mainly the novel, only in parts the movie. Btw Jeremy Irons who's in Stealing Beauty starred two years later in the movie version of Lolita.

"The Cycle Sluts are an all-girl biker gang and a life on the open road is fine, but everyone needs a little rest and recuperation now and then and the girl hope to let their hair down and chill out in the small, desert town of Zariah. It's hard to kick back and chill though when you are surrounded by the living dead."

American Psycho - Confession scene

An excellent black comedy.

A clockwork Orange. Iconic scene.

Another great scene.

[This video is unavailable.]

A brilliant film, excellent performances from the young actors some of whom would grow up to become big stars, not least River Phoenix who was taken much too soon, and only showed us a fraction of what he could do on the silver screen. Damn drugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back