Blackheath Books (1 Viewer)

Just snuck in for the deluxe edition of Billy Childish's new book. Their books have a set style, which is also similar to Childish's other books (not released through this press). I wonder if there's some relationship there? Anyway, thanks for the tip Hosh, I'd have missed this otherwise and ended up being left watching the over-inflated prices popping up on ebay.

Is that a British tabletop press? It doesn't look familiar.

All I can think of when I see that, or one of those presses, is the six months of torn elbow ligament pain I went through after printing this on a 5x7 Kelsey (more than six, actually, but it was only bad for six).

I know a Kelsey also tore up Bill's hand enough for surgery.

Those things are evil.

I checked out the video Hosh posted. Geraint, the printer, has two indentured servants just like Bill. Great looking books too. I placed an order for the signed Childish book w/ laid in playing card [on place for additional notes to seller I specified some particular cards, if available] and for a chapbook by the printer, Geraint Hughes.

Looking forward to some good stuff.

Richard

I placed an order for the signed Childish book w/ laid in playing card [on place for additional notes to seller I specified some particular cards, if available]

Looking forward to some good stuff.

Richard

I recently received the Childish book you ordered. It looks and feels great; the photos mounted at the front and back are a really nice touch. The playing card in mine is an Ace of Diamonds- however, I didn't realize they were printing different suits.

Parrafin Van (poems 2009-2011) arrived today from Wales [w/ Jack of Spades as requested] beautifully made Chyldish book w/ Chyldish poems and photographs, spine, hangman's stamp, etc. 31 poems of aggressive passivity by printer/publisher Geraint Hughes, a sturdy uncluttered straight forward chap w/ endpapers and letterpressed cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back