Books from the Mountain Poet (1 Viewer)

Yeah, that's me. My little sobriquet for myself.

I'm about to put the finishing touches on my third solo book "Diner Poems." So in celebration of that, I thought I'd post links to my other books. Please feel free to check them out and let me know what you think.

Midnight Muse in a Convenience Store

Six Days in Santa Fe

I have a book I co-wrote with a friend of mine. I'll post that later when I get time. Thanks for looking!

Here's my third book (my second, chronologically). It was co-written with my friend William F. DeVault. He took a break from writing his usual fare (romantic poetry) to combine talents to produce a book of poems about our hometown.

The picture on the cover is of the Monongahela River by the shores of the Core Arboretum. Just down the hill from the WVU Coliseum.

Psalms of the Monster River Cult

the previews only let me read one poem out of three books.

so no opinion. do you have a blog/website? but fair warning, I still may have no opinion. ;)

I have an opinion on the previous post.

However, I am contractually obligated to keep it to myself.

The problem with those preview is that you can't choose which pages are previewed. But I do have a link to some more of my poetry.

Go to this page on Author's Den and you can read scads of my poetry. Some of it is in my books and some is not.

I'm willing to hear any and all opinions. I can take it.

Rhymers?

We're all proud of you. Sit down, I want to talk to you. The Don's proud of you, too. He knows how grateful you are. That's why he'd like to ask a favor. Barzini is dead. So is Phillip Tattallgia. Moe Green. Slacci. Cuneo. Today I settled all family business so don't tell me that you're innocent. Admit what you did. I've always taken care of you, Fredo.

But Fredo, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you see our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?

The last man who brought rhymers into my home! In my bedroom! Where my wife sleeps...and my children play with their toys...my father made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Some of those poems are rhymes. Maybe a good bit, I don't know. It's been a while since I accessed that page myself. I stopped posting poems there because I wanted to do more than that. Hence the books, which have very little (if any) rhymes.

Do rhymes seem to elementary school to you or something? I'm not offended, just wondering.

Please read more, if you're inclined.

That's cool. They're not quite your thing. Of course, I don't really do rhymes anymore. Only if I find some clever new way to do it. I'm much happier and more comfortable with freestyle these days.

When I was young, my Mom always quoted Ogden Nash. Hearing her do that over the years gave me a knack for playing with the language, I guess. So rhymes were my beginning. But they're not my middle or end.

And if memory recalls, there are no rhymes in my books.

The Sneetches rhymes, and that is, without any doubt whatsoever, the finest poem in any language, ever. The answer to every question in the universe is contained in that poem.

After Dr. Seuss no one else can rhyme. He was a doctor, after all, and those great stories.

I have a friend who is in Virginia and Zenguru you may have heard of a band he was in, Humble Thunder. I say was in because he is not in it anymore but he did sing Human Call Home. Your poetry reminded me of that.

Gerard, I've never heard of them. But after previewing their songs, I like them. The lead sounds a lot like Robert Plant. I'm flattered that my poetry brought those memories back to you. Thank you for that.

But like I told mjp, rhymes aren't a big part of my poetry these days. It helped get me on the track until I started driving on my own.

Oooo! I just got the proofs of my new book in the mail today! It looks sweet! The cover came out even more beautiful than I expected. I will post a link to it after the final edits are done.

Mjp will be disappointed to find there are a few rhymes in this volume. But what the hell. I gotta be me.

Dang it.:cool:

My book is done! All I really have to do is put an ISBN on it. But this book is the reason I started this little ole thread. So please check out the link below and don't be afraid to tell me what you think.

DINER POEMS

Slapped an ISBN on the book yesterday. Price went up a couple bucks. I knew it would. Middleman's always gotta take his cut. But hey, I just feel darn good about this whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back