Buk Booklist (1 Viewer)

I made a quick-reference sheet to track my collection that I thought may be useful to some others here.

My intent was to create a reference list of all of what I consider to be the "books" (chapbooks, broadsides, magazines, etc. not included). I based most of this off of Krumhansl, but I referenced a few other places like collectingbukowski.com and the database here. The numbers I used are largely based off of colophons and do not include presentation copies and other exceptions covered in Krumhansl.

I'm sure there are others with better lists, and this probably isn't comprehensive, but it should be a pretty good start if you don't have one already. If any of the fine scholars here have anything to add that I've missed, it'd be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Buk booklist.doc
    215.5 KB · Views: 336
I have some info on The Bukowski/Purdy Letters. I believe I've read somewhere here in the forum that it was printed in 1000 copies, all soft covers (I wrote it down on a slip of paper, which I put inside my copy. That's how I remember).
Could someone verify this info?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bukowski/Purdy Letters
A Decade of Dialog
1964-1974

ISBN 0-920348-25-4 (Paper Edition)
ISBN 0-920348-26-2 (Deluxe Edition)

I have some info on The Bukowski/Purdy Letters. I believe I've read somewhere here in the forum that it was printed in 1000 copies, all soft covers (I wrote it down on a slip of paper, which I put inside my copy. That's how I remember).
Could someone verify this info?

I have two versions. One silver spine, one dark blue.

Boring as bat poop I'm afraid.
Even the Martinelli letters were more interesting for me, given it was a side of buk (affectation?) I had not seen before.

I have two versions. One silver spine, one dark blue.

I see! My spine is the same blue color as the cover.
And Planahea wrote there's a De Luxe edition too. That must be the cloth edition. And then there's a signed edition too.
Is your silver spine copy also a paperback like mine?

Purple Stickpin: Yes, I really like the look of the book too! It's one of my favorites. It reminds me of the look of Post Office. It's sorta the same concept, but the Buk/Purdy book looks much more interesting.
Although the letters are not as interesting as the letters in the first three BSP letter books, they're not all that bad, I think. But maybe I'm partial, because it was one of my first Buk books, so there's also some nostalgia involved...

Yeah I gotta say... the Buk\Purdy letters are a bit... less interesting than the trio of main letters... But I enjoy having a copy because it seems relatively hard to come by. Relatively.

I see! My spine is the same blue color as the cover.
And Planahea wrote there's a De Luxe edition too. That must be the cloth edition. And then there's a signed edition too.
Is your silver spine copy also a paperback like mine?

Purple Stickpin: Yes, I really like the look of the book too! It's one of my favorites. It reminds me of the look of Post Office. It's sorta the same concept, but the Buk/Purdy book looks much more interesting.
Although the letters are not as interesting as the letters in the first three BSP letter books, they're not all that bad, I think. But maybe I'm partial, because it was one of my first Buk books, so there's also some nostalgia involved...

My silver is hard cover and has an original envelope/letter in it. When you open the envelope, it says two things all over the place: air mail, and par avion. The actual letter inside is a poem signed by Al Purdy called, "Winter at Robbin Lake."

It starts out: Seeing the sky darken & the fields turn brown..."

The paper it is written on is whitish, with bars of red, blue, black and silver. Pretty cool.

My copy is letter "V" with an original pastel by and signed by BUK.

A gorgeous book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back