• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Buk shots... (1 Viewer)

Great...three of these I've never seen before...

cherry1.jpg

cherry2.jpg

cherry3.jpg

$350 per 8x10 (and you have to take them all) is a little bit steep, considering Neeli sold those large Sam Cherry prints for $200 or $300 per a few years back.

But -- vintage prints are where it's at in photography collecting, so these are nice. I am tempted, but I don't really want to buy a bunch of pictures of Neeli.

I have to say though, that picture of Bukowski and Marina is almost worth $2500 on it's own...

Let's just hope someone doesn't buy them and have Linda King sign them.

Am I the only one surprised by Neeli having the sandals on his bare feet while wearing a winter coat and being wrapped up with scarf (?!!?)?
wondering.gif
:confused:

Last edited:
I´ve only seen two of them before - the portrait and the one where Buk stands next to the religious sign. They're all great photos and from a time when Buk was´nt as famous as he would become in the early 70's.
I love Neeli's winter coat and sandals. Very bohemian...I think. :p

Great post, thanks for the link! My favourite is especially the boxcar shot where Sam managed to capture him in such a dignified mood that can be rarely seen on other photos of the man.

EqKMtXpi.jpg

I wonder exactly how many, if not hundreds of photos were made around the time when Sam visited Buk between 1967-70 (?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back