Bukowski and Scatology (1 Viewer)

Yeah, just come in honestly and enough with the subterfuge.

It is not so easy to pull one over on us.

Had you said that it was your blog in the beginning, we may give it discussion, but the ruse has probably soured us on you.

Bill

Well, is someone going to pull the handle and flush this shitty blogger? Even the color of the blog was a shit shade of green.

A turd troll.

Had a toilet once that would willfully refuse to vacate that last turd. Shit five of 'em four would expire but one would remain. If three, two would flee but one would remain. It truly got strange. Never had a name for that kind of toilet. ajaxharington will suffice.

OK hands up... You rumbled me. Many apologies for the cackhanded subterfuge. I am feeling suitably chastised.

However, please believe me when I say that I wasn't trying to troll - in the sense of disrupting a community with hateful talk... Rather I was hoping to start a discussion to gather feedback on the best scatological Bukowski moments. I accept that this was a particularly inept way of going about it.

I've come across a couple of great scenes in Post Office and Ham on Rye, there are some powerful poems in Love Is A Dog From Hell and there's also an unsourced quotation about Bukowski having 'more faith in my plumber than I do the Eternal Being. Plumbers do a good job. They keep the shit flowing.' However, I know this is just the tip of the iceberg.

If there's anyone here who's still prepared to reply to this post (and I understand if there's not), I'd love your suggestions/advice on any other relevant quotes - and once again, please accept my apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a poem about the spider in the tub and the toilet overflowing, I think. I forget the title, but he talks about there being death and shit everywhere. Someone here can come up with the title...

bill

Thanks Bill.
There's a scene with a spider in the short story A Lovely Love Affair - but that's probably not what you meant. Spiders are a recurring motif I guess...

You're right Bill, the poem is simply called 'Death' and it is on the disc Poems and Insults.

Thanks Bill.
There's a scene with a spider in the short story A Lovely Love Affair - but that's probably not what you meant. Spiders are a recurring motif I guess...
Yeah I've started to notice that too. I like the passage in Ham on Rye when he is confronted by the huge spiderweb while walking home from...I can't remember...college I think. If I'm remembering correctly I think it prefaces the scene where he comes home to find his dad throwing all his shit on the lawn, and his mother pre-empting his arrival home to warn him of his father. Although I could be mixing up passages.

What a great fucking book that was, now I wanna read it again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back