Bukowski at university - a request (1 Viewer)

Just got a request from a journalist (female, young) who's working for a student-magazine and intending to do an article about Bukowski's brief studies at the LACC.

She asks for things like the paper with which he signed in / certificate of enrollment ("Immatrikulationsbescheinigung" in German). Do we have this? Or will I need to ask at the university if they got it in their archives?

Do we have more info on this short episode in his life than the few lines in the bios and his 2 sentences in his 1963-letter to Corrington?

will I need to ask at the university if they got it in their archives?
I don't know how it works when someone has been dead for almost 20 years, but for living people you need their consent to get their college transcripts. At least here in California. That's why no one has seen Obama's Los Angeles college records. You know, the ones that prove that he's from another planet.

But knowing Sounes he probably got them somehow (with Linda's consent?) and there just wasn't anything interesting in there to talk about.

Last edited:
I don't know how it works when someone has been dead for almost 20 years, but for living people you need their consent [...]
What would I do, if they also need consent from DEAD people? Go to Green Hills and bring my Ouija-board?

I don't expect something interesting to be in there, but I guess this magazine wants proof that he was indeed inscripted/enrolled at a university. Some journalists are picky like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back