cirerita

Founding member
Indeed:
attachment.php

Attachments

• ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 872
Damn, I was hoping for some awe-some new totally 100% un-official merchandise. Thanks for the snap tho' :D

Those should be outlawed - people, especially men, shouldn't have their yellow crusty feet exposed in public.

At least he's not in public.

Yellow feet ?

His left foot looks strange, as if some toes were missing.

This one seems to be taken the same day :

attachment.php

What's coming next ? Buk crocs ?

Attachments

• Buk en tongs.jpg
    Buk en tongs.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 784
Last edited by a moderator:
I was expecting to find a Buk quote where he admits to loving Kerouac.

I wear flip flops all the time. My feet are beautiful.

Well I wear these to keep my feet springtime fresh.

You look like an asshole when you wear them, but if you like going barefoot, they are pretty awe-inspiring. And I'm used to looking like an asshole, so it's win/win.

I think having individual toe pockets would drive me crazy. My typical shoes look something like this.

(Old forum attachment ID is incorrect, see thumbnails.)

Attachments

• boots.jpg
    boots.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 540

You look like an asshole when you wear them, but if you like going barefoot, they are pretty awe-inspiring. And I'm used to looking like an asshole, so it's win/win.

Those are fugly as hell. They definetly say "f*ck the world".

Then you'll need some five finger socks too - for cold weather :D:

attachment.php

Attachments

• FiveFingersSocks-1.jpg
    FiveFingersSocks-1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 670

I've actually contemplated buying a pair of those a few times based on friends' recommendations, but they do look pretty douchey. My inner hippie likes barefoot, though, so maybe I'll get over the asshole-factor and get a pair anyway.

Then you'll need some five finger socks too - for cold weather:

We don't need your silly Scandinavian things like socks or jackets or snowmobiles in California. :D

I think having individual toe pockets would drive me crazy.
You would think so, but you don't even notice them after a few minutes.

I've actually contemplated buying a pair of those several times, but they do look pretty douchey. My inner hippie likes barefoot, though, so maybe I'll get over the asshole-factor and get a pair anyway.
Douchey they are. Carol just laughs at me every time I wear them. But they're my feet, god damn it, and it's the next best thing to barefoot.

Then you'll need some five finger socks too - for cold weather :D:
No way - those are gay!

And they won't fit inside my Juicy Couture Mary Janes anyway...

Last edited:

Are you using the MOC ones? I really think these are cool. I don't give a shit if I look like an asshole. I like the idea of the barefoot feel. There's a store pretty close to my place :D

They're fucking expensive.
They are. But it's not cheap to look like a clown (or a gorilla). You have to pay the price.

Are you using the MOC ones?
No, the Classic. Those MOC might be kind of warm on the feet, being leather on top. And I wear them outside, so the bottom of the Classic is better, more rugged. The MOC are for indoor wear. If you're indoors you may as well be barefoot.

I first read about those barefoot shoes on a baseball blog this summer.

athletes are picking up on them. they are said to strengthen foot muscles and help with balance.

but I think I'll stick with regular shoes. I get laughed at enough.

Flip-flops are kind of silly and dweeby (especially on someone as "cool" as Bukowski), but then again, so are shorts... and he wore those, too.

The truth is: if you live in Los Angeles in the summer you'll gladly wear shorts, or flip-flops, or both. I'm surprised there aren't any shots of Buk in a fuckin' speedo.

Or are there?

Those should be outlawed - people, especially men, shouldn't have their yellow crusty feet exposed in public.

At least he's not in public.

Couldn't agree more. Nothing more repulsive than green toenails and god-awful crusty heels exposed for the world to see. The Japanese are beautiful when it comes to feet - they sit their feet in pools full of Garra Rufa and the hungry little buggers nip away the unsightly crusties.

The Japanese are beautiful when it comes to feet - they sit their feet in pools full of Garra Rufa and the hungry little buggers nip away the unsightly crusties.

They used to have places like that in LA with the fish pools. I read that the health department shut them down because it was unsanitary.

mjp - God love ya - You are a great webmaster and a consistently funny/sarcastic member on the All-Star team of commentators who run my favorite daily website....

That being said.... you have the gayest footwear this side of Liberace's un-authourized biographer. You need to point all 10 toes toward Christopher Street and pray for forgiveness. You must shed the Devil's pentagram (ped-o-gram?)in a ring of fire and make a re-dedication to the religion of all-cotton tubes and dress-up socks. Whoa.....

then again - I am creeped out by the notion of pedicures so maybe I am the ANTI-FOOT-FETISH CREEP ?

Christopher Street? I'm a few miles away from the gay mecca of the universe (can you say open-air thumping disco meatmarkets and sleeveless shirts all year-round? I thought you could), and a four hour drive from the gayest city on earth. Traveling across the country to make my shoes feel at home would be ridonkulous.

I think having individual toe pockets would drive me crazy. My typical shoes look something like this.
..really like your shoes, chronic, kinda like mine, simply the best for people who walk a lot.

I sometimes have troubles with individual leg pockets.

--

Trust yourself

I would never fault a man for wearing flip-flops in the middle of a Los Angeles summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back