• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Bukowski in 1976 RollingStone (1 Viewer)

HenryChinaski

Founding member
Look what auction I just won for five bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&item=290037187581&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

bukrollingstone1.jpg

bukrollingstone2.jpg

bukrollingstone3.jpg

Good deal or not? LOL

I haven't seen that issue in 30 years, but if I remember correctly, my old pal Leo Mailman was interviewed and quoted for that article on Buk. Leo was a poet and small press publisher in Long Beach, CA in the 1970s. He published some of Bukowski's poems in one of his little magazines. I recall it as being a good article. Leo passed away in 1990 or 1991.

5 bucks is a good deal.
I picked up another copy yesterday at a used bookstore, $3.99! (and that's Canadian!!!). Some of the old bookshops are good spots for USED magazines, etc... I got a few of the old nudie mags KNIGHT (all with BUK included, for under 5 bucks a pop), plus a couple BUK/Hustlers, much cheaper than you'll ever find on eBay.

actually it came to like 12 bucks with shipping. still a good deal. is there any way I can make srue this last a long time? it looks kinda rough.

Good question, I've got a few buk/rolling stone issues, plus other 'newspaper' items that are already browning, etc... Once the browning starts is it 'done'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back