Bukowski Movie - Actor (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a movie would be made about Bukowski's life right now. Who would be the best actor to play Bukowski? Around 50 years old.

1. Sean Penn
2. Mickey Rourke (again)
3. Ed Harris
4. Val Kilmer
5. James Woods
6. Michael Madsen
7. Johnny Depp
8.Geoffrey Rush
9. fill in the blanks????

I'll take a poll.

Please oh please NOT Sean f@cking Penn!
(Pretty please?)

No contest. The only actor who should be in every film ever made.

(Old forum attachment ID is incorrect, see thumbnails.)

Attachments

• Rutger Hauer.png
    Rutger Hauer.png
    444.2 KB · Views: 492
Mickey Rourke, again.

He's a better fit now than when he did Bar Fly, and that wasn't bad.

If a movie would be made about Bukowski's life right now. Who would be the best actor to play Bukowski? Around 50 years old.

1. Sean Penn
2. Mickey Rourke (again)
3. Ed Harris
4. Val Kilmer
5. James Woods
6. Michael Madsen
7. Johnny Depp
8.Geoffrey Rush
9. fill in the blanks????

I'll take a poll.

Look what we have here! A "Buk-fan" adoring Dale Earnhardt or Adolf Hitler or both? Yep, he couldn't help it who read his work...

I would not be disappointed if I heard Paul Giamatti was chosen to play Buk. very good actor. naturally has a sort of sibilant drawl.

ha, ha, but no shame that he found his way into buggin' opposing teams and refs at lakers games! and Lou Adler rocks for the same reasons! Though I think most people confuse him with Donald Sutherland.
(Old forum attachment ID is incorrect, see thumbnails.)

A full animated digital Bukowski would be the worst. I can't think of an actor that wasn't already mentioned.

Jack fucking Nicholson! Come on. THE VOICE! The women! The alcohol! The lunches with Castro!

yes. jack fucking nicholson. 15, 20 years ago. sure. a dirty old man in his own right. roughly the same build, same hairline. both equally unattractive yet oddly handsome. the voice? maybe a stretch but he'd manufacture something. buk wasn't mainstream so no one would know the difference anyway. jack fucking nicholson woulda been perfect, whether he enjoyed lunch with fidel fucking castro or ayatollah fucking khomeini

Buk and Castro would've probably gotten along. Women, booze, cigars, Cuban horse racing on humbled race tracks, no cell phones in Cuba, no iPods, etc... That's a whole nother thread though.

I think Jack could do it NOW. I mean come on, makeup artists and hairdye can do everything for an actor. Look at Al Pacino as Jack Kevorkian.

Come to think of it... Al PafuckingCino.

This has already been discussed, as hank solo pointed out, and the original poster was a hit and run (don't say you're "taking a poll" and then disappear - if your mother's book is ever turned into a screenplay and someone puts up millions of dollars to make it, there will be a casting director, and it won't matter who you want to play Bukowski), so it's time to put this to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back