Bukowski.net's image of BUK... there's better... (1 Viewer)

I was wondering how many of you like that pic of Hank up in the left hand corner of the page your staring at right now?

I don't like it. He looks like Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's monster in that photo.
he looks postmortem there.

There are way cooler pics of him.

80-waiting.jpg

Just was wondering.

joe

You picked a good one. I don't see a monster. It's more like a grandfather waving to his loved ones.
Maybe my grandfather was a monster. I like the top one. He looks confused in the second. Maybe that's dizzy.

I was wondering how many of you like that pic of Hank up in the left hand corner of the page your staring at right now?
I love that pic in the left hand corner. Looks like he's playing his typer like an accordion. The first time I saw it I didn't see the typer for what it was. It got my imagination going, just like a poem. Cool. It takes the focus off his face/myth/person and puts the words in the forefront.

And what are you knocking good old Boris Karloff for?

Michael: please leave that pic alone!:cool:

To me there is no more representative picture of Bukowski than the posed shot with the typewriter. But feel free to imagine something else up in the corner there.

bukowski025.jpg

Gerard and Carver's: Carterofmars is referring to the Bukowski.net image of Buk with the typer, not his avatar. (As in the picture that mjp just made magically appear.)

i also enjoy the picture which is up there now. i enjoy the pictures on the front too. and i don't think i've ever said it directly, but this is a very well designed site mjp. very classy joint you have here.

I agree with Vodka 100%. This forum is excellently designed. There are little extras sprinkled all over that make it first rate. For instance the little button to extend the 'Quick Reply' box. That's very cool. The table of content on the left hand side of the screen always present... again very cool.

thumbs up... no kidding one of the best I've seen... if not the best.
To me there is no more representative picture of Bukowski than the posed shot with the typewriter. But feel free to imagine something else up in the corner there.
Any idea what's on the page in the typer?

joe

It looks like a joke, typed just to have a page in the typer for the photo:

"Hello Folks,
Just discovered that the Brussels sprouts and the cabbage I planted are all turning into cauliflowers, so I guess we will be eating cauliflower 'til it comes out our ears..."

MysteryLetter.jpg

I don't know, but I assume not, since it is lit and posed, and I have never seen any formal portraits of Bukowski by Montfort. That isn't to say there are none, but I think we would have seen them if there were.

...this is a very well designed site mjp.

This forum is excellently designed.
Thanks.

The forum design - as far as function goes - is out of the box. All I did is suck the color out of everything. ;)

But making everything gray and simple was a conscious decision. The point is to focus on the subject and not on the mechanics or design of the site.

So it ain't real fancy, like yer big city sites, but it'll have to do.

[...] making everything gray and simple was a conscious decision. [...]

yeah. I loved your former introduction, where you said something like "welcome to the all grey-in-grey-Bukowski-site" or so. (NOT at all verbatim, sure.)

that was a really cool statement.

I think the photo is great. Pain, yearning, almost Christ-like, but then there's the tongue-in-cheek letter ... vintage Bukowski. I love it. And also like this "grey and simple" Web site and forum.

Thanks for sharing the letter content, MJP. A bit hard to read before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back