Bukowski raw and sensitive (1 Viewer)

hey guys... I'm pretty sure I will be forever taunted for taking up bukowski for my class analysis, especially since I am not too familiar with his work. and I being the type to take on a task of an unknown author by next week was hoping that maybe I could get insight from all you Buk fans :D
recently I have bought his book "love is a dog from hell" but I was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit more.
my poetry class is asking that I make a presentation of bukowski and his literary work. my teacher gave me tid bits of how most don't like his work as well that he both has raw crude and gritty works as well as sensitive pieces of work.
can you guys steer me to the right directions of where I could find both his sensitive pieces of work and his mort raw crude pieces of work.

I gladly appreciate the help guys
peace!
-sandy :D

Grab a copy of Burning In Water, Drowning In Flame. Open it up and behold. Also, one man's (or woman's) crude is anothers beauty. Your opinion is the only one that counts.

...he both has raw crude and gritty works as well as sensitive pieces of work.
can you guys steer me to the right directions of where I could find both his sensitive pieces of work and his mort raw crude pieces of work.
You first mention raw/crude, gritty and sensitive, and then you only ask about where to find raw/crude and sensitive. Is there some reason why you left out arguably the single most important and prolific style of his poetry?

Right. He has so much material. Where to begin? Since it's schoolwork I'd say go with the above suggestions and I suggest the comp from all his material released prior to his death Run with The Hunted: A Charlkes Bukowski Reader

Yes! I have read that he has written so many poems and short stories that I was overwhelmed on what books to pick at the store.
Ha ha If you can make it to Chicago by next Thursday then I'll mail you my school address
Nice! Thanks for the help I wanted to take on both his sensitive pieces as well as his raw parts :D No pun intended

Thanks so much really do appreciate the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back