• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Bukowski serigraph prints (1 Viewer)

jordan

lothario speedwagon
i have a lot of 5 of these going up on eBay tomorrow, but i'll sell the lot or the prints individually as well to forum members. they are the prints from:
-reach for the sun (sexy dancing lady)
-what matters most (maurice/janitor)
-open all night (abstract)
-night torn mad (racetrack scene)
-bone palace ballet (8-legged mosquito)

all are identical to the prints that were bound into the special editions of these books. $16 each or $70 for the lot, including shipping.

Is the Night Torn Mad print still available? As much as I'd like an original illustration, I'd settle for a nice silkscreen...

they're all still available - the lot is on eBay now, and if it doesn't sell, i'll ship the "night torn mad" to you.

If the lot does'nt sell, I'll take the silk screen of the 'sexy dancing lady'!

Last edited by a moderator:
At least we can have one of Buk's hanging on the wall...

right.
not everybody has the luck to have Buk (originals) having on the wall of their guestroom just like that ...

SP_A0213a.jpg

(in case you wonder: the table behind the notebook is THIS one!)
SP_A0210a.jpg

ps:
I'm sure you can guess, who's guest-room this was.

looks like this one is going to sell, but i will most likely track down a second lot and split them up to sell them individually. i will let you guys know.

ps:
I'm sure you can guess, who's guest-room this was.
No, I can't guess who's guest room it was. Was it someone who attended the Society's meeting in Andernach? Is that black board about Buk's wedding for real? I notice there's labels on all the stuff. What's that about?

looks like this one is going to sell, but i will most likely track down a second lot and split them up to sell them individually. i will let you guys know.
That sounds great, Jordan! :)

No, I can't guess who's guest room it was. [...] Is that black board about Buk's wedding for real? I notice there's labels on all the stuff. What's that about?

james was right. It was MM's.
The blackboard is real of course.
The labels are on every item that was supposed to be carefully packed and shipped to the US, where his daughter lives.

(I've been sleeping in that room, when I visited him only 3 months before his death. The walls were PACKED with pictures.)

I see! I remember you were visiting Montfort shortly before he died. It must have been great looking at all those pictures - you lucky devil!

... I remember you were visiting Montfort shortly before he died. It must have been great looking at all those pictures - you lucky devil!

well THESE pics were taken AFTER he died.

yes, it WAS great, seeing all these things, when I visited him in July.
But it was SO SAD to see him in the condition he was at that time! That overwhelmed the other feelings.

The conversations we had in his kitchen will always stay with me:
he was so bitter and sad and Weary. But when he started to talk about Hank, there came a light into his eyes and his voice - it was magic. really!

...but we get Way off-topic now.
sorry.

Yes, I'll bet it was very sad to see him like this, but at least you were able to cheer him up when you started talking about Buk!
At least he's at peace now. He's probably drinking German Riesling with Buk in Heaven now, chatting about the good old days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back