Bukowski's Music (1 Viewer)

Bukowski didn't like Bob Dylan. He liked Donovan. He wrote about disliking ass shaking music. He wrote he liked the voice of Johnny Cash despised Fulton Prison. He wrote he liked Rock and Roll. Jazz, Classical.

He mentioned numourous composers and pieces.

Any list of his favorites?

One of Bukowski's good traits is he would say who cares what I like.

I imagine he would think I'm s big pussy.

I'm one of those losers who lives with his mother. Not schizo. Put nicely by many doctor's. personally disorder, type 2 bi polar, major this that.blah bore bore

He wrote "Those of you I like I like more than you would know"

He also wrote about one guy who didn't make excuses or deny he was a fuck up loser who lives with his mother.
Neither do I.

Bukowski was really a good person.
His humor seems lost on the masses.

Christ, I'm a big pussy . . .

Interesting. I was watching the documentary: Bukowski - Born into This and there was a scene were he said the only type of music he liked was classical, and I was wondering what kind.
He also wrote about one guy who didn't make excuses or deny he was a fuck up loser who lives with his mother.
Where he said that? You remember?

I just saw a 1983 video where he said his favorite piece of music was Sibelius' Symphony No. 5 conducted by Eugene Ormandy.

That romantic Sibelius stuff is a bit soft for me, but Finland though enough of him to put him on their money.

Sibelius.jpg

I don't know if 100 Finnish mark was worth a dollar or a thousand dollars, but you have to respect countries that put artists and composers on their money. Even if the Euro came and washed them all away

Gotta admire a man who either 1) never combed his hair; or 2) actually combed it that way.

I had a vague recollection of Sibelius being in the mix, but couldn't put my finger on it, so I left it out. By the by, I've played a Sibelius symphony or two in my time with a local symphony orchestra and they're far more powerful on stage than they are sitting in a barcalounger. But they sure as hell ain't Beethoven or Mahler.

the three Bs: Bach, Brahms and Beethoven
forth "B" would be Bruckner!
And you can't miss his love for Mahler, despite the first letter being no "B".
conducted by Eugene Ormandy
He also hailed Ormandy in his late "Classical Music And Me" for introducing him to classical music in the first place.
That romantic Sibelius stuff is a bit soft for me
Maybe depends on the conductor.
I once had the chance to be in a concert (live) where the Finish [that is: she's from Finland] conductress Susanna Mälkki was conducting Sibelius and it was moving like you just stood in the middle of a majestic and pure and icy landscape. Nothing soft.
Gotta admire a man who either 1) never combed his hair; or 2) actually combed it that way.
I usually need about 10 to 15 mins each day to make my hair look like I haven't cared for it the last 3 weeks. That's hard work I tell you.

p.s.:
according to violinist Nigel Kennedy, Sibelius was a drunk. Nice turn, eh?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back