• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Bunch of Bukowski Books for Sale (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Hi All,
These were the Bukowski books that I mentioned a few weeks ago. I am offering these to this group first. I think that these prices are below what I could get on ebay, but that is fine. If you think that I'm overpriced, let me know. Some of these are things thgat I have multiple copies of. Others are things that I have only one of. i'll hold for payment, no rush, but will sell them in the order that e-mails are received. Please direct any inqueries/orders to [email protected]. I can also take Paypal at that address. Shipping based on weight, etc, but it will only be whatever it costs me. I don't charge handling fees... All are in "as new" condition unless noted. I'll gladly consider trades for stuff that I do not have...

Thanks and all best:

Charles Bukowski - Mockingbird Wish Me Luck PB (later printing) SIGNED w/ LARGE Drawing $150.00 (Ask me for a scan of the sig if interested)

Charles Bukowski - The New Censorship V3 n1 (1992) $15

Charles Bukowski - Blow 6 (Green cover) 1983 $20.00

Charles Bukowski - The Day it Snowed in L.A. - paperback 1st (very slight wear) $20.00

Charles Bukowski - 4 poets w/ Ferlinghetti, etc... $15.00

Charles Bukowski - A New War HB 1st NYG #177 of 200 $45.00

Charles Bukowski - Beerspit Night HB 1st LTD w/ Serigraph #171 of 500. $25

Charles Bukowski - Peace Amongst the Ants 1st 1969 $30.00

Charles Bukowski - Penguin Modern Poets 13 (1969) $20.00

Charles Bukowski - I Pour A Drink POSTCARD $5

Charles Bukowski - Be Cool, Fool BROADSIDE UNFOLDED $15

Charles Bukowski - Be Cool, Fool BROADSIDE FOLDED $12

Charles Bukowski - Warm Light Bookmark $3

Charles Bukowski - LA High School Yearbook from 1939. This is the famous graduating class photo that was used on Ham On Rye. $175

Charles Bukowski - LA High School yearbook from 1939. Samll photos ofg Buk and he is listed as Corporal Henry Bukowski in his ROTC photo. Also, graduating photos of Harold Mortenson and Baldy Mullinax. Photos of Jimmy Haddox. $75

NOT Charles Bukowski - LA High School Yearbook from 1940. One year after Bukowski went there. $20

NOT Charles Bukwoski - LA High School yearbook from 1941. Two years after Buk went there. $20

Spread Magazine (One Buk poem. One of 50 copies for friends of John Martin $5

Charles Bukowski - coffee and babies (in Bottle #3) BROADSIDE $25

Charles Bukowski - advice for some young man in the year 2064 A.D. (in Bottle #4) BROADSIDE $25

Charles Bukowski - the drowning (in Bottle #5) BROADSIDE $25

Charles Bukowski - afternoons into night BROADSIDE $14

Charles Bukowski - The People Look Like Flowers At Last HB 1st $20

Charles Bukowski - I Pour A Drink And Toast Love Postcard (2001) $5

LA Free Press April 14-20, 1972. Contains "Notes". Wear that you would expect from a 35 year old newspaper. $20

LA Free Press May 19-25, 1972. Contains "Notes". Wear that you would expect from a 35 year old newspaper. $20

LA Free Press July 14-20, 1972. Contains "Notes". Wear that you would expect from a 35 year old newspaper. $20

LA Free Press August 11-17, 1972. Contains "Notes". Wear that you would expect from a 35 year old newspaper. $20

LA Free Press July 28 - Aug 3, 1972. Contains "Notes". Wear that you would expect from a 35 year old newspaper. $20

LA Free Press August 25 - Sept 4, 1972. Contains "Notes". Wear that you would expect from a 35 year old newspaper. $20

LA Free Press August 10, 1972. Contains "Notes". Wear that you would expect from a 35 year old newspaper. $20

Poetry Now (Newspaper)V5 N2 (1980). Two Buk Poems. Also GErry Locklin. This was Clayton Eshlemann's copy and it has his address label affixed to the rear. $20

National Underground Review August 1968 (Newspaper). Contains "Dirty Old Man". Wear that you would expect from a 40 year old newspaper. $20

Berkley Tribe August 8-14, 1969 (Newspaper). Contains "Notes of a Dirty Old Man". Wear that you would expect from a 40 year old newspaper. $20

Charles Bukowski - Event 1/3 - Magazine (1972) Three Buk poems $20

Charles Bukowski - Event 2/2 - Magazine (1972) One Buk poem, plus a lengthy review of "Erections" wear to cover. $20

Charles Bukowski - Scree 5 - Magazine (1976) 4 Buk Poems $20

Charles Bukowski - Down Here #2 Magazine (1967) Two longer Buk poems. 1/2" droplet stain to cover $15

Charles Bukowski - Venture 1961 (Perfect bound Magazine) Buk Poem "Serligev". $25

Charles Bukowski - Caterpillar 8/9 Oct 1969 (Perfect bound magazine). 2 poems by Bukowski $15.00

Charles Bukowski - Sisyphus Leaves (1992) magazine. ten buk poems, plus poems by Richamond and Goodwin. $15.00

Charles Bukowski - Wormwood Review 120 (1990) 2 poems by Bukowski. this is one of the first 70 that were numbered and signed by Steve Richmond. $35

Charles Bukowski - Notes From Underground - Magazine (1966) Two Buk poems. $35

Charles Bukowski - Renaissance 4 (1964) Contains "Peace, Baby is hard sell". Book has very odd smell... $10

Charles Bukowski - Free Thought Bukowski issue $5

Charles Bukowski - Bukowski at Belleview VHS. This is directly from Black Sparrow and not a bootleg $15

Charles Bukowski - Promo poster for PULP. Measures about 24" x 36". Much wear and tape. Not sure what this was used for.... $15.00
Ben Pleasants - Visceral Bukowski - $10

Charles Bukowski - Self Portrait of Inner Man (X-Ray Book Co BROADSIDE) $10

Charles Bukowski - Body Slam (X-Ray Book Co BROADSIDE) $25 (listed incorrectly for $125 and $131 on abe)

Charles Bukowski - Democracy (X-Ray Book Co BROADSIDE) $10 - Some general wear

Charles Bukowski - Society Should Realize (X-Ray Book Co Pamphlet) $15

Charles Bukowski - The Word (X-Ray Book Co BROADSIDE) $20 (listed for $30, $35 & $200 on abe)

Ulvis Alberts - Signed and Numbered posted by Ulvis of Buk standing in front of fridge in 1976 in his Carlton Way apartment. Signed by Ulvis and numbered /450. Only one copy on abe and that is Gregor Books for $231. I have copies directly from the photographer's stash for $75

Linda King - Me And Bukowski (Signed by Linda King & Michael Montfort) $10

Neeli Cherkovski - Me And Bukowski 1/100 Signed by Neeli and Montfort $10

A.D. Winans - Me And Bukowski (Editor's Copy) signed by Winans $20

Gypsy Lou Webb - Watercolors. Royal Street & Pirate's Alley - Sepia toned in thin mats, $20 each (These are the ones that she used to sell on the streets of N.O. in the 50's and 60's)

Gypsy Lou Webb - Watercolors. Streetcar Named Desire & one that is unnamed. Signed & in beautiful Full color $40 each (These are the ones that she used to sell on the streets of N.O. in the 50's and 60's). These are signed by Lou. The most beautiful Webb watercolors that I have seen. Send for photos, if interested.

That's it for now... whew....

Best,
Bill

Charles Bukowski - Mockingbird Wish Me Luck PB (later printing) SIGNED w/ LARGE Drawing $150.00 (Ask me for a scan of the sig if interested)

Charles Bukowski - The Day it Snowed in L.A. - paperback 1st (very slight wear) $20.00

Best,
Bill

I'll take these. $270 total. Unless you want to haggle...

Hi Bill. You list 2 copies of I pour a drink postcard. If there's a second one, I'll take it.

So, can you put these aside?

Charles Bukowski - I Pour A Drink And Toast Love Postcard (2001) $5

Thanks

There are a few items where I have multiple. The following items are now gone...

Charles Bukowski - Mockingbird Wish Me Luck PB (later printing) SIGNED w/ LARGE Drawing $150.00

Thanks,
Bill

Bill, do you have any more copies of The Day It Snowed In L.A. - paperback 1st very slight wear $20?

I'll take these if they're still available:

Charles Bukowski - Be Cool, Fool BROADSIDE UNFOLDED $15
Charles Bukowski - The Word (X-Ray Book Co BROADSIDE) $20
Charles Bukowski - Society Should Realize (X-Ray Book Co Pamphlet) $15

Actually, I want other stuff but this is what I can sort of afford.

The wife'll have some part of my anatomy or other if I go for everything I want... so if you still have:

Charles Bukowski - Self Portrait of Inner Man (X-Ray Book Co BROADSIDE)

Charles Bukowski - Democracy (X-Ray Book Co BROADSIDE)

consider this humble fan quite interested!

Oh and are any of those "Notes" papers uncollected in any way? I don't know enough about those bits of Buk history...

Ulvis Alberts - Signed and Numbered posted by Ulvis of Buk standing in front of fridge in 1976 in his Carlton Way apartment. Signed by Ulvis and numbered /450. Only one copy on abe and that is Gregor Books for $231. I have copies directly from the photographer's stash for $75
Bill, are these the posters printed by Mother Road?

The wife'll have some part of my anatomy or other if I go for everything I want... so if you still have:

Charles Bukowski - Self Portrait of Inner Man (X-Ray Book Co BROADSIDE)

Charles Bukowski - Democracy (X-Ray Book Co BROADSIDE)

consider this humble fan quite interested!

Oh and are any of those "Notes" papers uncollected in any way? I don't know enough about those bits of Buk history...

Self portrait is available, but Democracy is gone (no pun). I am not sure which "Notes" are uncollected and which are not. These newspapers are fragile. Is there a list of "Notes" columns by first line somewhere?

Bill

Charles Bukowski - LA High School Yearbook from 1939. This is the famous graduating class photo that was used on Ham On Rye. $175

Charles Bukowski - LA High School yearbook from 1939. Samll photos ofg Buk and he is listed as Corporal Henry Bukowski in his ROTC photo. Also, graduating photos of Harold Mortenson and Baldy Mullinax. Photos of Jimmy Haddox. $75

were there two different yearbooks in 1939?

are these photographs? which format?

It seems I'm always away when something is happening...

Anyhow...Copies of Me & Bukowski left, Bill?

Or better: What's left...

Since you asked... The following are still available as of right now, although someone has mentioned that he wants the Buk graduating high school yearbook, that has not been finalized 100% yet.

Bill

Charles Bukowski - Beerspit Night HB 1st LTD w/ Serigraph #171 of 500. $25

Charles Bukowski - Be Cool, Fool BROADSIDE $12

NOT Charles Bukowski - LA High School Yearbook from 1940. One year after Bukowski went there. $20

NOT Charles Bukwoski - LA High School yearbook from 1941. Two years after Buk went there. $20

Charles Bukowski - advice for some young man in the year 2064 A.D. (in Bottle #4) BROADSIDE $25

LA Free Press April 14-20, 1972. Contains "Notes". Wear that you would expect from a 35 year old newspaper. $20

LA Free Press May 19-25, 1972. Contains "Notes". Wear that you would expect from a 35 year old newspaper. $20

LA Free Press July 14-20, 1972. Contains "Notes". Wear that you would expect from a 35 year old newspaper. $20

LA Free Press August 11-17, 1972. Contains "Notes". Wear that you would expect from a 35 year old newspaper. $20

LA Free Press July 28 - Aug 3, 1972. Contains "Notes". Wear that you would expect from a 35 year old newspaper. $20

LA Free Press August 25 - Sept 4, 1972. Contains "Notes". Wear that you would expect from a 35 year old newspaper. $20

LA Free Press August 10, 1972. Contains "Notes". Wear that you would expect from a 35 year old newspaper. $20

Poetry Now (Newspaper)V5 N2 (1980). Two Buk Poems. Also GErry Locklin. This was Clayton Eshlemann's copy and it has his address label affixed to the rear. $20

National Underground Review August 1968 (Newspaper). Contains "Dirty Old Man". Wear that you would expect from a 40 year old newspaper. $20

Berkley Tribe August 8-14, 1969 (Newspaper). Contains "Notes of a Dirty Old Man". Wear that you would expect from a 40 year old newspaper. $20

Charles Bukowski - Event 2/2 - Magazine (1972) One Buk poem, plus a lengthy review of "Erections" wear to cover. $20

Charles Bukowski - Down Here #2 Magazine (1967) Two longer Buk poems. 1/2" droplet stain to cover $15

Charles Bukowski - Venture 1961 (Perfect bound Magazine) Buk Poem "Serligev". $25

Charles Bukowski - Caterpillar 8/9 Oct 1969 (Perfect bound magazine). 2 poems by Bukowski $15.00

Charles Bukowski - Sisyphus Leaves (1992) magazine. ten buk poems, plus poems by Richamond and Goodwin. $15.00

Charles Bukowski - Wormwood Review 120 (1990) 2 poems by Bukowski. this is one of the first 70 that were numbered and signed by Steve Richmond. $35

Charles Bukowski - Renaissance 4 (1964) Contains "Peace, Baby is hard sell". Book has very odd smell... $10

Charles Bukowski - Bukowski at Belleview VHS. This is directly from Black Sparrow and not a bootleg $15

Charles Bukowski - Promo poster for PULP. Measures about 24" x 36". Much wear and tape. Not sure what this was used for.... $15.00

Charles Bukowski - Self Portrait of Inner Man (X-Ray Book Co BROADSIDE) $10

Gypsy Lou Webb - Watercolors. Royal Street & Pirate's Alley - Sepia toned in thin mats, $20 each (These are the ones that she used to sell on the streets of N.O. in the 50's and 60's)

Gypsy Lou Webb - Watercolors. Streetcar Named Desire & one that is unnamed. Signed & in beautiful Full color $40 each (These are the ones that she used to sell on the streets of N.O. in the 50's and 60's). These are signed by Lou. The most beautiful Webb watercolors that I have seen. Send for photos, if interested.

were there two different yearbooks in 1939?

Yes, they had a summer and winter graduating class. Both 1939 yearbooks have Buk, although only the one has the famous photo with his name, etc. The other one has him photographed with the group class and ROTC.

are these photographs? which format?
They are folded broadsides or chapbooks. There are photos in each issue. One poem only each. More ephemeral than most releases. I'm not sure how many copies were sold, but the publisher, Gary Aposhian passed away recently. It is possible that all copies were distributed, though.

Many of the items have found a new home. These are the items still available.
Thanks

Bill

Charles Bukowski - Be Cool, Fool BROADSIDE $12

These are the color watorsolors (signed)
loucolor.jpg

These are the sepia watercolors (unsigned)
lousepia.jpg

"Peace Among The Ants" sold for $30? What a steal. I just looked and there's one copy on ABE at $300. Not sure it is exactly what Bill sold, but still, that's some indication of how rare that thing is.

Peace is one of those titles that was IMPOSSIBLE to find pre-2000. Then Book Baron in Anaheim started selling them on ebay. I bought maybe 20 of them (Which is why I have not removed it from the list, even though a couple people have bought copies) and I know someone that bought another 20. They are all mint and all appear to have come directly from the publisher as they appear untouched by time. I should get them signed by Potts & Kryss.

Still, I'm happy to sell them at the $30, knowing that they are not as valuable as even Fogel lists them (in his defense, there were so few of them available then that it was a steal to get one at $300 when the book was published.)

This is the best (or worst) example that I can think of where a publisher held back a large cashe of books and then when they saw the high value of them in price guides, decided to sell them, flooding the market and driving the price down. Still, it is an "A" item from 1969.

Bill

How big are those fridge posters?

And how many do you have?

They are worth buying if they are what I think they are. Very low key, but a high quality production. The only one I ever got was damaged in the mailing tube, and the publisher (who was incidentally working on my first book at the time) wouldn't replace it. Ha. Fucker.

Then he disappeared from the face of the earth with about 100 drawings I did for a second book, and a bunch of irreplaceable old family photos that belonged to Winans and Menebroker (he was going to do "living poets" pieces on them) but that's another story.

This is the guy who published ATOM MIND, which was a great mag. I heard he had drug problems and it was common for him to disappear for 10 years then come back. Well, I ain't waiting.

The fridge poster is great. It hung in my kitchen the entire 8 years we lived in San Pedro. You could see it from the street as you walked by on the sidewalk.

Many of the items have found a new home. I still have a bunch left, but will either list it on ebay, or hold on to them for a bit. Anyone still interested can certainly contact me. The last list is pretty accurate, except that all of the Lou Webb watercolors sold.

It should be noted that the money raised from this sale will go to a good cause. I am using it to buy supplies for Bottle #6 and also for upcoming BoSP books, so I'm turing these old books into new books.....

Thanks!

Bill

"Advice for some young man" is available but "The Word" is gone.

Postage is $2 in the US and I can take Paypal payment or a check can be mailed. I can be reached at [email protected], which is also my paypal id.

Thanks,
Bill

... why I'm an ass sometimes...

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting these out... I should have sent them earlier, but had issues, of which no one needs to hear as they are excuses and not anyone else's issues.

The good news is that all of the packages went out today. Those on the East Coast of the US should get them on Saturday. Those in Europe should see them in 5 days. They were all packed well and sent Priority or Airmail.

I need to get better at shipping these out seeing as you all were timely on paying for them.

Again, my apologies.

Bill

p.s. I figured that since the posting was on the forum and open to the public it was best to throw myself under the train in public.....

p.p.s If, once you get these, it looks like you overpaid postage, please let me know the amount and I'll refund the difference. It is very hard to estimate overseas shipping anymore. The Post Office has made it very, very tough and I do not like taking more in postage than I pay out....

Thanks for the update Bill. Honestly... I woulda probably taken the loss as a donation to Bottle of Smoke, especially because I just realized that I own the Dan Fante piece you published. Its beautiful!

You can't see mine from the street,
I'm four floors up,
but the maids look at it when they come
in to change the sheets.

Charles_Bukowski_1976.jpg

And I just love it.

Thank you Bill.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back