Can I make this my new home? (1 Viewer)

I just discovered Bukowski. I put this "Stumble Upon" add-on to my Firefox and it directed to this site a while back. Sounded interesting to me, so I bought Ham on Rye. Couldn't put it down. Am now working on getting my hands on more stuff.

As for me - married w/ 3 boys. I am kind of a music geek/compulsive concert attender. I drink too much and smoke too much. I miss the old USA network show "Night Flight". Mid stakes poker player. Teach American history.

Then Welcome home. Hope you continue to enjoy the writing.

As for me - married w/ 3 boys. I am kind of a music geek/compulsive concert attender. I drink too much and smoke too much. I miss the old USA network show "Night Flight". Mid stakes poker player. Teach American history.
I used to drink too much. Now I just smoke too much.

Music is lovely, literature is lovely. Art and life are two mirrors facing each other. Etcetc. Yer good, yer good. Welcome.

Since the time of the dinosaurs two thousand years ago, there has been very little of note in history aside from the American bits. It is commonly known that people in Europe lived in caves while we were drafting our constitution, and Africans - please. China was an empty land mass and Australia and all those little bits down there were just undersea volcanoes.

You'll notice that we're pretty cool about all this though. We let the rest of the world believe their fairy tales because it makes them feel better. And if we're anything it's benevolent. To a fault. So celebrate your "history" the rest of you. Sleep soundly in your delusion. We'll be here for you when you wake up.

You're welcome.

The fact that you teach American History (in what grade, may I ask?) is cool. (It would be cool as fuck though, if you put a big sign on your door that said "AMERICAN HISTORY X".)

But, Global History was my favorite. Specifically the rise and fall and rise and fall again of the USSR. Stalin is my specialty :D

The fact that you teach American History (in what grade, may I ask?) is cool. (It would be cool as fuck though, if you put a big sign on your door that said "AMERICAN HISTORY X".)

But, Global History was my favorite. Specifically the rise and fall and rise and fall again of the USSR. Stalin is my specialty :D

I teach 1850-1950 to 9th graders. Very large school (2400 kids grades 9-12). It is a good gig and I enjoy 95 percent of what I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back