• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Can someone in the US help me with this? (1 Viewer)

If I had any money in my paypal account I'd be happy to, but that is not the case and my credit cards are all maxed out. Have you tried emailing the seller and asking if he would consider shipping to Australia? It might work if you ask nicely.

<edit> I misunderstood. If you want to pay the seller and have him ship it to me I can forward it on to you.

Father Luke - I could Paypal you the money, but they would take a small cut for themselves (I think). Better if I do a direct deposit into your nominated bank account.
If that works for you.
(Do I sound like one of those Nigerian 'millionaires'?)

Chronic - Thanks. I considered writing to them but, after some of the responses I have received, I decided it's simpler this way.

Father Luke - I could Paypal you the money, but they would take a small cut for themselves (I think). Better if I do a direct deposit into your nominated bank account.
If that works for you.
(Do I sound like one of those Nigerian 'millionaires'?)

Pay pal I know how to do.
I don't know how to do that direct deposit thing.
Can you help me with that?

Just checked. It's free to send money at paypal. It only costs a bit to receive money if you
have a premier or business account. So happens I have a premier account.

"Fees for receiving payments from buyers outside the United States
You are currently being charged the Cross-Border Standard Rate of 3.9%."

Tell you what.

I'll buy the item.

You send me enough to cover shipping to Straya, and the percentage paypal takes out I'll make it up on the shipping costs.

Sound fair to you?

Father Luke or Bill (I see Bills online now) - Go ahead and 'Buy it Now' and I will reimburse you for the book, your shipping costs to me and whatever Paypal percentage you are hit up for my payment.

And thank you so much to all those helpful souls in Bukowski land.

Oh and by the way... If someone outside the USA tries to bid or BIN, you are told "You are unable to bid on or buy this item because you are registered in a country to which the seller doesn't ship."

Thats a funny line and I think its really cool that
1 Roc felt comfortable enough to ask for help and
2 people are lining up to help.
What a great bunch......did I tell you about my sick aunt

I'll buy the book off you ROC, for $2000. I will send you a cheque for $2000, you ship me the book and when I recieve it, you send me back the difference, lets say $1500.
sound fair?

I'll buy the book off you ROC, for $2000. I will send you a cheque for $2000, you ship me the book and when I recieve it, you send me back the difference, lets say $1500.
sound fair?

Done!

Make the cheque payable to Colonel Muphuphu Mbzecki, President of Zamibia... aka ROC

Hey, thanks again guys.

Bill

The book is paid for and Chris says it will leave for your house no later than Friday.
Let me know when you see it and we'll organise shipping to Onions... I mean... me.

:)

Make the cheque payable to Colonel Muphuphu Mbzecki, President of Zamibia...

Pictured below:

1539339316_5e2433c105_o.jpg

Showing Texan Pride

I received the book today and I wanted to thank you guys for all the offers of help and especially to Bill - that was very cool mate.
The book (by the way) looks and feels unread. Weird, considering its age. There is no edge wear and I don't believe it has ever been fully opened.
I'm a very happy chap.
:D

The book (by the way) looks and feels unread. Weird, considering its age. There is no edge wear and I don't believe it has ever been fully opened.
I just bought a copy from Bill that is also in the same apparently unopened, unread condition. There must have been a stash of these somewhere, as Scott at Abandoned Planet also has copies that are unbound -- or at least the cover is not bound.

At times it seems like there are as more of these first editions available as there are of the second and third printings (with the green cover).

Most of the 1st editions on ABE are a little worn. Either that or hundreds of dollars more than what I paid. :)
Yes... a stash somewhere seems likely. The same was the case with Crucifix in a Deathhand. Hundreds being undistributed years decades after printing.

Once again... very happy.

Hi,
I'm of the opinion that the publisher held some back and started letting them out, or someone bought a bunch of copies upon publication and is now letting them out slowly. Of course, I do not know this for sure, but it seems ofdd that there are mint copies showing up and some of them unbound to the covers.

Still, they are clearly from the right time and I have no doubt that they are authentic and a mint copy of an early chapbook at a lower price is a good thing for my wallet!

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back