Carlton Mellick the 3rd (1 Viewer)

the kobold wizards dildo of enlightenment +2. ape shit. the egg man. baby jesus butt plug. teeth and tongue landscape. those are his best. my first was the haunted vagina. its a good starter. dildo of enlightenment is his funniest. egg man is his most dark. if you are a horror fan go for ape shit. warning its really vile at points.
the ones i would say to keep away from are: the steel breakfast era, punk land, fishy fleshed, electric jesus corpse, and sea of patch work cats. those books are just lame.
teeth and tongue landscape is a favorite of mine, though it is not his best. i just love the idea of world made out of flesh. its incredibly surreal and theres a scene at the end that actually made me cry.

I'd heard of Mellick through Brian Keene. Like the occasional horror novel and Keene is decent in delivering the chills. I'm tempted to get back in to writing - write poesy CIRQUE DU SOLEIL style. Jesus Anal Raped a Baby will be the title of my collection - that should appeal to you edgy fucks whether I have talent or not.

I bought and read baby jesus butt plug. Interesting, but not really that good, IMO, Sadly. I read it in about an hour as the type is VERY LARGE and double spaced. More of a short story than novelette. It was different, so I can appreciate that this is a zombie story that is not straight from a Romero movie. HE does not seem to write to be different, but he clearly has odd and disturbing things that appeal to him. Also, writing 5-10 novels a year means that there is not enough work done to them. It shows on this book with typos that should have been caught and just awful typesetting (partially owed to the massive LARGE PRINT EDITION type that he used.)

Still, maybe there is home. I may check out another one. Any suggestions?

Bill

Strangely enough I found out that Carlton Mellick III is apparently the grandson of Carlton Mellick, who was the president of Miehle. They made printing presses.

Bill

Going back and reading my initial post I frankly need to apologize for being a dickhead to Justin. A knee-jerk reaction to Mellick's work - step to the edge of a public pool and take a piss and you finally get everyone's attention - that seemed my take on Mellick. And that without reading a word from him. Yep, apologize.

For those that have not heard yet, Carlton Mellick III had the great luck of having his book, "Baby Jesus B Plug" picked as a book to be read at a university in California. Well, the conservative/christian blogs are appalled. He is ALL over twitter, etc, etc. They are talking about is so much that it is sure to sell a LOT of CMIII books.

side note: I had to abbreviate the title as the server would not allow me to use the word "butt" as long as it was next to the "p" word...

i love how conservatives have such a limited view of college education that "assigned this book" is the same as "demanded that students read the book and told them everything in it was true and failed all the brave conservative students who dared question it and made the students lick copies of the book and told students they had to fuck the book every night and sleep with the book under their pillow." maybe if conservatives saw education as something other than a liberal teacher telling a student what to believe, they wouldn't be so fucking stupid and uneducated, perhaps?

For those that have not heard yet, Carlton Mellick III had the great luck of having his book, "Baby Jesus B Plug" picked as a book to be read at a university in California. Well, the conservative/christian blogs are appalled.

Not sure what their issue is. white supremacist Ann Coulter has used one for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back