• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Charles Bukowski Skateboard (1 Viewer)

I thought I had seen everything, but no. There is a CB Skateboard on ebay now.
I used to have one growing up in LA in the Fifties but that was before kids were leaping on top of trucks with them and up and down bannisters and down stairways.

It makes sense if you have ever interacted with skateboard kids. They have a hobby which is banned from most public locales so they have to skate on the sly. They are treated like outlaws or outcasts so that's right up the Bukowski alley, sort of.

It's not the first time there's a CB skateboard on ebay. There's was also one a year or two ago. It's probably the same guy who's offering them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, skateboarding is still a crime. I used to skate a little when I was 16-18, but didn't develop the technical abillities to do it really good, so the fascination for it faded away. I got quite some bruises and grazes, wrecked a few decks to find out it wasn't my sport. But I couldn't get a result for a CB board on ebay, maybe it's already sold? Just out of curiosity I would like to see the design.

This one?

skateboard.JPG

Old web link

Old Link Two [PDF] Stencil

http://ladiesman.bukowski.com/ is no longer live...

From the web I found that Black Label skateboards company was founded in 1990 by some artist named John Lucero in Costa Mesa, Ca. So I wonder who was the Buk fan, Lucero or the skate boarder Jeff Grosso? Seems one of them must have been.

I used to have one growing up in LA in the Fifties but that was before kids were leaping on top of trucks with them and up and down bannisters and down stairways.
I used to borrow my brother's one growing up near Paris in the 80s-90s but that was before kids were holding their skateboards in their hand like a fashion accessory. Girls have their handbag and boys now have their handskateboard. I have observed numerous of these strange specimens in the subway's corridors or in the street. They keep holding it in their hand, never riding it. Actually not only kids, even some men.

Yes, skateboarding is still a crime. I used to skate a little when I was 16-18, but didn't develop the technical abillities to do it really good, so the fascination for it faded away.
Neither did I. I began skateboarding because I was tired of my roller skates. I stopped the day I fell and had an ugly graze on my knee. But the fascination for that "sport" still remains. There is a bar in Paris with a big screen for the football or rugby matches. One evening, there were no matches and they broadcasted a skateboard championship instead; that was enough to captivate me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I didn't mean that. It's fun to watch halfpipe heroes do it right, but myself in a pipe or on the street was funny in another way.

I couldn't get myself to step on Bukowski's face.

... and don't joke around now, that it looked like somebody stepped on it already anyways! I know that one.

That is the bottom of the skateboard. You grind that part on the edge of curbs and benches or whatever. Some of the better riders only grind the bottom of the trucks and the image lasts.

I really would have liked to have that hanging on my wall, I have the Kat Von D board, the one on the left, in a box in the garage. I thought that, with the buk board would have looked nice hanging somewhere on one of my walls, but just don't have any money right now. Looks like at $103.00, the reserve was not met.

kat.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back